Print Thread
#186108 17/09/07 04:26 PM
C
cygnusx Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
When i join a channel and the channel is full i'm forwarded to another channel but with "#" in front of the channel name.Is there a raw numeric for that event?I mean how to detect whether the channel is full and whether i'll be forwarded to another channel?

I'm not talking about mIRC scripting,it's IRC related question.

W
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
W
some IRCD's have forced option called Overflow (if i remember correct)

when channel is limited to certain number and filled you will automaticaly
forwarded to another channel.

if you want to see what raws (if any are used) use debug mode in mirc to see server messages.

but to detect if youre gonna be redirected and where i doubt you can see before event occurs

btw, only admins can set these options

The harder I chase my dreams the more I experience the time for smiles and tears...
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I'm aware of one IRCd that uses raw numeric 379 when you're being forwarded to another channel. I'm not sure if the same numeric used on all IRCds that support channel forwarding though, so it's just possible that isn't correct fo your particular network (I'm pretty sure raw 379 has a different meaning on at least one other IRCd).

The best way to check is to turn on debugging in mIRC:
/debug @window - to output the debug log to a custom window named @window
or
/debug filename.log - to output the debug log to a file named filename.log

mIRC will dump all incoming and outgoing traffic into the location you specify, allowing you to see exactly what numeric is sent by the server when it forwards you.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
C
cygnusx Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
I checked that in mIRC and atleast on Freenode the raw numeric is 470.But what about the other networks?Obviosly i can't check what's the raw numeric in all networks.Is there a way to handle with that somehow?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If they don't use a standard numeric, you're going to be stuck unless you can run some generic check on all raws coming in. I'm not sure if there is specific text in the RAWs that you could watch for on all numerics. If not, then you are probably going to have to check all networks you want to have it work on. I'm sure most will stick to 1 of only 2-4 numerics, so if you're watching those, you'll cover the majority.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
C
cygnusx Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
Hm,maybe the only network which use that "forwarding" is Freenode.Atleast this is what i've found HERE.

"This experimental feature is specified with some channel name #foo. When specified on a +i channel (invite-only), users who try to join the channel and are not in the invite-only exemption list (+I) are automatically sent to channel #foo. Clients receive a 470 numeric message which lists the original and the target channels."

Link Copied to Clipboard