mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
M
Hello!

At fist I'd like to state that I'm really not into mIRC scripting, so if you're so nice and help me, please keep it simple. I hope this is the right forum. smile

I have a problem, that if I load a theme-addon, neither "Flash on Query" nor "Beep on Query" works.
Used the Search-function of the board and found a similiar problem of "Flash on Query" not working here. This one wouldn't help alot, though. :p

Used addons:
- Theme Engine MX v1.12 by Voice of Power (mircscripts.org)
- Kte (MTS theme engine) 1.5 by Kamek (mircscripts.org)

Used themes:
Ecliptica:: 4.1 by ^AcidSkull^ (mircscripts.org)
Edge v4.2 by AnGeL_0f_LiFe (mircscripts.org)
stealth theme v1.8 by webprofit (mircscripts.org)
neptune v3.0 by scratch (mircscripts.org)

I would really appreciate if you guys looked through this matter and helped me to find a solution. smile

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I have never used themes so I'm not sure if the above themes are somehow preventing you to stop getting flash on queries and beep on queries. But hopefully we can sort it for you.

1. Options (Alt + O) > IRC > Options (Make sure Query is checked)
2. Options (Alt + O) > Sounds (Make sure Enable sounds is checked and also, select Query from the drop down and make sure it reads Beep on the button below)

Hope that helps and good luck!

M
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
M
I have tried these options, of course.

I have experienced that it's something in the mirc.ini.

When I discovered that I couldn't get it to work I asked a friend of mine to send me his mirc.ini.
The result was, that both Flash on Query and Beep on Query worked again, but the themes I used before were disabled, too.

I forgot to mention that I'm using version 6.21, but also tried 6.3 and got the same problems.

When I have no theme installed, i both options work. Once I load a theme addon and load a theme with it, they stop working. Once unloaded it works again.
Quite sure it's caused by the themes. shocked

Last edited by mokimobb; 13/09/07 06:18 PM.
D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
Yeah I bet it is the theme. To display the messages in 'theme' format in place of the default form it will use echo and haltdef at some point.
That echo command should use the switches for highlight, beep/flash, strip, etc, (as in: echo -tmbflir <target> <text>) but obviously doesn't.

Link Copied to Clipboard