H
Hoyt Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
H
i keep getting this gay error thing that says

* Break: command halted

also my Right click button doesnt work in channels, and nor does the Commands Tab Why why why why plz help im not new to irc and i cant figure this 1 out.. do i have a trojan virus? confused

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
did u run a virus scan?? that may answer ur question simply or rule out something ........ next what version of mirc ar u using and what scripts have u installed that have any effect on a rclick?

as for the gay error ....... well dunno nothing about them errors my scripts only have normal errors ..... what function are u tryin to run and what command is it thats getting halted ...... only way to fix it is to know what it is?

D3m0nnet.com
H
Hoyt Offline OP
OP Offline
H
ya i ran a virus scan with newest norton updates.. im going to do the online virus scan right now.. i deleted mirc scripts and every single thing having to do w/ mirc.. i am running 6.03 or the newest version... i cant pm people i cant whois people i cant right click i cant do [censored] basically... confused

any ideas? virus?

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Try a clean install of mIRC, and download it from the official source, obviously. smile

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
ok what particular network are u tryin to do this on and are u an AOL user??? cause the network im on they have a setting so that an AOL user cannot been seen or issue any commands that work until they /quote identify password nickname ...... this may not be ur trouble but possibly an idea?

D3m0nnet.com
H
Hoyt Offline OP
OP Offline
H
i did a clean install.. and i did download it f/ the offical source...

next?

H
Hoyt Offline OP
OP Offline
H
i am trying to connect to irc.gamesnet.net
i have cable connection... aol sucks wink

i got just back and i had An online virus scan running while iw as gone-- it found nothing nor did my Norton Anti-virus..
so i dunno still need help confused

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
someone shun u?

D3m0nnet.com
H
Hoyt Offline OP
OP Offline
H
shun?

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
yeah did ya get introuble?? its possible to issue a shun on a user and they type and it does absolutely nothing ..... now if ur running a base mirc and ur still getting this halt error um then there is definatly a problem use a completely clean mirc downloaded from this site and tell me if ur still getting that error

D3m0nnet.com
H
Hoyt Offline OP
OP Offline
H
nope i havent been g-lined/k-lined or anything no trouble.. just started happening last night... i have downloaded the basic 6.03 and installed it into a diff. directory after removing the old 1 yet it still messes up.. so i dunno--- thanks for your replys ---keep em coming ;-\ confused

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Could the problem lie within the channel popup themselves? Maybe check the editor and go over what you can do or supposed to do when you right click... I'm just suggesting this cause maybe there is an error or something that you or someone else may have caused...I'm not saying that this is the problem or anything just throwin another possibility your way...

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
This has been discussed MANY times before on the old board. When it happened to me, it wasnt due to any network at all or a virus. mIRC just stopped working my scripts. A week later it started again. Since there's been NO WAY to reproduce this, we really havent found a reason WHY it's happenening nor what to do to fix it. The FIRST time I ever saw it happen was with 6.x on my win95 machine. It hasnt happened since, but no clue why it happened in the first place.

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
H
Hoyt Offline OP
OP Offline
H
You are right landonsandor -- my irc works fine all of the sudden--i get home turn it on-- it works fine go figure smirk
Now i know to just be patient next time this crap happens smile
thanks everyone for your input.. Lesson learned on my part

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
I just wish we could figure out WHY it happens. It's CLEARLY not a virus at work since many people have reported this before AND run virus scans of all kinds (Macafee, Norton, Online scanners, specific trojan scanners) and came up empty I think we should stop looking for viruses where there clearly arent any. To my best memory (correct me if Im wrong) we NEVER found a mirc do this while a virus was present. Im NOT saying Khaled codes like crap (for those who want to think Im saying it), all Im saying is that under very specific circumstances, this happens and we havent a clue what those circumstances are

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
agreed, altho I do recall there was some trojan/virus/nasty that really mucked up mirc.ini a couple years ago. In any case, never hurts to run a virus scan. Random sporadic things that refuse to follow a pattern so they can be tracked down are more than a bit annoying. In my case, most oddities that pop up anywhere are usually due to win98se builtin memory leak <grumble>

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
yeah, it is good to run scanners when something COMPLETELY unexpected happens on your PC. Cant hurt to be thorough smile Well, Id agree about the memory leak issue if it was only on 98, this was on all different platforms including 95b (my os). The thing I dont get is that it started (for me) on a mirc startup and ended on a mirc startup a week later. I didnt change a thing on my scripts but it just started working again; was VERY annoying

Link Copied to Clipboard