mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
You know...

I have been using mIRC for probably a freaking decade now...

I have a paid copy.

When I upgraded to 6.3 I was prompted to enter my Reg info and it tried to authenticate it.

Authentication failed.

I pulled the info off of the e-mail that I was sent when I paid for it. Still no workey...

WTF is going on?

I now have a nag screen telling me to register and I CANT!

Today hasn't been a great day and this is not making it better...

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
There have been a very small number of reported problems reported with the new verification system. If you email khaled@mirc.com with "registration" in the subject line I'm sure he'd be glad to help you as he has helped the others.

M
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
Thank you, Collective.

M
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M

Last edited by Mrafrohead; 10/09/07 04:16 AM.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
According to your own post, Khaled has informed you that he has a fix for this problem. Continuing to post over and over again on this forum until you receive the fix, might get you blocked from the site.

You have stated that you have your receipts, Khaled has stated that he's aware of the problem and has a fix for it.

Continuing to post in regards to a matter that you have been informed has a resolution, is a waste of your time, our time (reading the posts) and bandwidth.

Personally, I will be considering blocking your posts, so that I don't have to waste my time when I could be helping others.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Perhaps it's not taken as seriously as you want because your posts have been closer to flames than just calmly asking for help? Bashing the software isn't going to get you as much help as not bashing it. wink

I'm sure that you can provide Khaled with whatever receipts you have and he'll be able to look up your payment information.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
I find it humorous that you're ranting on the forum acting as if this is where you get prompt support for such an issue.

The fix for registration in question is sent out by email, as Khaled implied by the very message you quoted, so until you email Khaled asking for this fix your complaints here will do nothing to get you your "prompt support". That's like calling 911 to order a pizza; and actually expecting that pizza to arrive!

Again, we went over this yesterday, but this forum is not Khaled's personal mailbox-- if you need something from him, contact *him*, not the mIRC community.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
M
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
I have tried contacting him directly, more than once. He is apparently ignoring them.

No big deal, I have corrected the problem - I don't need his "lack of" support.

Thanks for nothing Khaled.

To anyone thinking of buying this software, I wouldn't.

To everyone who has wasted their time reading my posts, I apologize. I really wasn't posting for anyone other than Khaled, since he will not answer my damn e-mails.

Believe me, I will not be returning here again. Delete my forum account or whatever, I really don't care anymore. I guess I'm back to pirating this software - even though I fucking bought it.

Lastly, argv0 - I posted here as in the help/faq area in Mirc.com it does state to post to the message board for help also. Which I tried after not getting a response to my e-mails. I really didn't come here trying to be a troll. I was just trying to get what was promised to me and everyone else that purchased this software. It stresses me out being a dick and I don't need this extra stress - have enough in life.

M
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
@Riamus2:

"Perhaps it's not taken as seriously as you want because your posts have been closer to flames than just calmly asking for help? Bashing the software isn't going to get you as much help as not bashing it."

Point taken and I concur. I did try to be cordial and polite in my initial e-mail. I honestly did. It wasn't until I started to feel ignored that I started to get irked and then after that, just flat out pissed. Which I was out of line for. But I do still think that it's pretty crappy to leave residue on a system after you have removed it. It's removed for a reason. Upgrade is one thing. Uninstall is another. The system should look like it did before the software was installed, IMO.

"I'm sure that you can provide Khaled with whatever receipts you have and he'll be able to look up your payment information."

You know, if he'd actually answer his freaking e-mail that would be a start. But apparently he has more important things to do after he's taken your money.

On a side note, I tried to post this in the Invision forum, but didn't want to register the account. Since I see your post, I'll let you know. I downloaded the Invision script a few days ago and upon scanning it for viruses before trying it out, the scan reported back the there was a virus in the installer.

If you need further details, I can be reached on EFNET. I will not be returning here.

G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
/me curses at Khaled.. why don't you answer the hundreds or thousands of emails you get everyday?

laugh

-genius_at_work

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I wish I'd actually quoted you in my post, noting as how you edited the post that I responded to, making it, realistically, a non-post, and editing it after I'd posted my response. Guess you didn't like the fact that someone was referencing your own post.

As to Khaled ignoring e-mails, you're the first person that I've heard of making that accusation, and there have been lots of posts on these forums from people that have confirmed that he does answer his e-mails.

Link Copied to Clipboard