ZorgonX Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
Z
Originally Posted By: Lpfix5
I got questions

A) Why would one need an encryption algorhitm
B) Why use Num over alpha/num? EX:. $base() functions.

A) I like encryption. It's one of the most interesting things in the world to me, and I love messing around with it. Same goes for hashing, cryptographic or otherwise. (See: SHA set, MD#, etc.) If I really wanted to have a secure encryption, I'd use one that already existed.

B) Well, first off, $base will also return a rounded result. And, due to the fact that I mostly enjoy simply messing around with encryptions, doing the same thing repeatedly would be no fun.

And for those working on writing calculation scripts, good job. Those are rather nifty.
Currently, I'm looking into learning Python and/or Ruby, because I recently discovered a means to embed Ruby and Python code into mIRC scripts. It looks like a really great idea, and I want to try it out.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Originally Posted By: ZorgonX
I got questions

A) Why would one need an encryption algorhitm
B) Why use Num over alpha/num? EX:. $base() functions.

A) I like encryption. It's one of the most interesting things in the world to me, and I love messing around with it. Same goes for hashing, cryptographic or otherwise. (See: SHA set, MD#, etc.) If I really wanted to have a secure encryption, I'd use one that already existed.

B) Well, first off, $base will also return a rounded result. And, due to the fact that I mostly enjoy simply messing around with encryptions, doing the same thing repeatedly would be no fun.

And for those working on writing calculation scripts, good job. Those are rather nifty.
Currently, I'm looking into learning Python and/or Ruby, because I recently discovered a means to embed Ruby and Python code into mIRC scripts. It looks like a really great idea, and I want to try it out.

Alright so MD5 hashing mirc has a $md5 command. It returns Hex 0-9 A-F Data.

Im not sure of mIRC's MD5 algorhitm therefore I couldn't help much upon it + I don't know if mIRC depends on a checksum value. If this was assembly then I would definently be able to help.

There are generic tables that can be used to decrypt the md5 hash however, I would need to know how the $md5 was written into the compilation of mirc.exe

Code:
if $reality > $fiction { set %sanity Sane }
Else { echo -a *voices* }
Z
ZorgonX Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
Z

Im not sure of mIRC's MD5 algorhitm therefore I couldn't help much upon it + I don't know if mIRC depends on a checksum value. If this was assembly then I would definently be able to help.

There are generic tables that can be used to decrypt the md5 hash however, I would need to know how the $md5 was written into the compilation of mirc.exe

I meant MD5 and SHA to be examples.. I like making my own stuff, and experimenting with things. It's just a way for me to amuse myself.

Also, as for the calculations, using a script that allows the embedding of Ruby code into mIRC.. I've finally made long calculations work.

Thanks for everyone's help, though, and sorry if it seems like wasted time.

Last edited by ZorgonX; 10/09/07 10:00 PM.
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Originally Posted By: ZorgonX

I meant MD5 and SHA to be examples.. I like making my own stuff, and experimenting with things. It's just a way for me to amuse myself.

Also, as for the calculations, using a script that allows the embedding of Ruby code into mIRC.. I've finally made long calculations work.

Thanks for everyone's help, though, and sorry if it seems like wasted time.

No worries it opens doors to the people who think "Is it possible?" lets try... lol Kills time in someways lol

Code:
if $reality > $fiction { set %sanity Sane }
Else { echo -a *voices* }
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard