mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#185102 05/09/07 12:34 AM
doglem Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
Hidy, I was trying to download a file from one of my friends and my mirc is not letting me download from him... It will show the notice Nick - DCC Send paper.txt in my status window but when going to the folder where its suppose to download to its not there, and also it dont show the donwload popup.. cant see the status or nothing.. then he sent to another friend and i tried getting from them and it didnt work.. I am using a laptop with a wireless connection but my signal is excellent and as far as i know i dont need to set up anything in my router settings for recieving only sending correct..
ive restarted my comp and both my modem and router.. still no luck

Anyone got any idea on this it'd be very well appreciated... thanks

Last edited by doglem; 05/09/07 12:41 AM.

Mess with the best, Die like the rest.
doglem #185103 05/09/07 01:02 AM
W
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
W
My first guess is you're using Vista.

Click start, find files or folders and use the advanced search..

Check off 'search for hidden files' and then search for your file called paper.txt

If that doens't work , maybe some more information about the computer you are using and mirc script will help.

doglem #185109 05/09/07 01:56 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
In Vista, you cannot save files into the Program Files\mIRC folder. Anything you try to save there will be automatically moved (without telling you). You'll find them in a Virtual Store folder under your username. I forget the exact path, but a search on the forum for "Virtual Store" or "VirtualStore" should find it for you.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
Riamus2 #185111 05/09/07 02:01 AM
doglem Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
I am using Windows vista.. with the firewall allowing mirc traffic and i have donwloaded other files and they go into the correct folder.. but I still am not finding the file. There isnt even that lil dialog that pops up and shows me the progress of the download.. theres nothing besides in the status view "-Nick- DCC Send paper.txt (nicks' ip)" tried a fresh install of mirc and still nothing

Mess with the best, Die like the rest.
doglem #185143 05/09/07 05:49 PM
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
What is the IP you're seeing? does it start with 10. or 192.? If so, tell them to type /localinfo -u and try again.

If it still doesn't work, your friend culd also be behind a firewall/router and has not configured his DCC properly. It's the sender that has to open the proper ports to be able to send files, not the receiver- so if he's behind a router he must verify that he's forwarding ports 1024-5000 (by default, if he hasn't changed this range) to his local ip. You can change the port range in Alt-O -> Connect -> Options -> Advanced

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"

Link Copied to Clipboard