Vogon poet
Vogon poet
N
Edie??? Which player are you using???

B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
What version of Media Player is installed?

If memory serves, it needs at least Windows Media Player v6 (or something). mIRC uses it's libraries.

N
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
N
Windows Media Player version 11 is installed at my girlfriend's PC. Other people who use my playerscript without any problems have the same version. I dived into the mirc and player options she uses and everything looks fine. Strange thing is also that the file to be played is recognised:

Code:
  if $isfile(%playfile) {
    splay %playfile

And despite that the errormessage "* /splay : unable to play file" is given. Anybody with ideas???????

And: I copied the file she tried to play to my PC, loaded it into my player and .... it plays!

And: when she takes another playerscript and tries to play the same file .... it plays! And that script uses .... splay <filename> exactly as my script does.

I'M STUNNED

Last edited by noMen; 06/09/07 04:08 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
What is %playfile equal to? In testing, I tried to play a file from the editbox in 6.3 in this way:

//splay mp3\this is a song.mp3

That failed. However,

//splay $mircdir\mp3\this is a song.mp3

Worked. Try changing your script to include a full path rather than a relative path and see if that fixes the problem.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
N
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
N
Thanks for your reply, but %playfile contains the full path. As said before, the same script with the same song in the same directory is working on one pc and failing on the other. In both cases the player shows a full list of all mp3's found on hard disk. So the files are found, are known but are not always played. Strangest thing is that on pc's were it fails the same files can be played in another playerscript that also uses /splay .... that really beats me!

By the way, on pc's were my script fails, the single command /splay <fullpath\filename.mp3> entered in a mirc window fails too! /splay -p, /splay -c, /splay -wmd skip etc .. don't help either.

Last edited by noMen; 06/09/07 10:06 PM.
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Did you tried to /splay the file on a clean mirc , in editbox and in remote, with $qt, $shortfn ?

The same file which has the same path can be played on one clean mirc, and not on a second ?

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
N
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
N
We will investigate $qt and $shortfn tomorrow. I have the feeling it has something to do with qwerty's answer in this threat: https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=185209&Main=34409#Post185209
Something with NTFS partition ....

Last edited by noMen; 06/09/07 10:29 PM.
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
This MSDN article is relevant.

N
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
N
Hmz ... it hasn't anything to do with NTFS partitioning. I don't use NTFS but I found the same problem with my PC too. Mirc should be able to play mp3 and wma, so I inserted some wma songs in my playlist. When I select an mp3 song it is played as expected and when I select a wma song I get "/splay unable to play file ...". But this wma song is played correctly with my Windows media player. So: the path is ok, the filename is ok, my Windows mediaplayer is ok. Could there be something wrong with CODEC? Unfortunately I don't know much about CODEC smirk

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard