mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
J
JOCKz Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
J
hey guys, the problem is im not using a proxy. It was working fine yesterday till i re-booted the pc. Tried to connect and got this msg. Now i cant connect to the server ??

Anyone know why ? or whats wrong ?

Thanks

i neglected to mention im not using any proxys, sorry guys

Last edited by JOCKz; 27/08/07 11:46 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This could be a ban on your entire ISP. Try back in 24-48 hours and see what happens. Alternatively, ask the network by finding the contact information on their website.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Most networks don't allow open proxies. If you aren't using a proxy, then it's possible that someone that was using the IP address that you're currently using (which may have changed when you rebooted), was.

You should've received a more detailed messaage including a website to contact to have your IP address removed.

Please try reconnecting, and when you get the disconnect message, copy & paste it into notepad, or here directly, so that we can see the exact message that you're getting.

J
JOCKz Offline OP
OP Offline
J
thanks guys, well i contacted the staff of the network and they removed the GLine. Though it came back after i disconnected / reconnected, i sent another email to the staff and he/she mentioned my ip was blacklisted on http://dronebl.org.

The only way i could connect was to get a new ip, though i cant really do that being on cable (dynamic ip's). Is there any other way i could connect to mirc ? I know requesting another ip from my provider would be an option but the alternative options might out-weigh the hassle.

thanks guys

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Unless you pay for a static IP, your ISP isn't likely to offer any other IP address to you. However, you may be able to get them to contact that drone site and see if they can get themselves removed from the list. They may or may not take the time to do so, but they might.

Other than that, just use a different network that doesn't complain about your ISP.

The last alternative is to use software to hide/mask your real IP with something else. Note that this can get you into a lot of trouble from networks if you don't ask them for permission to do this.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
C
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
C
The usual cause of IP's being listed in DNSBL lists is down to the lack of action taken by said ISP to curb the amount of SSH, FTP and mail attacks by its users in the first place. As for the guy being blacklisted the solution is pretty easy if you have a dynamic IP. Simply reboot your cable modem, it will request a new IP from your ISP. If your ISP has a class C block against it then that could be a problem and its up to you to either bitch at your ISP or to change networks, or better still change ISP.

Happy mIRC user on Linux
J
JOCKz Offline OP
OP Offline
J
damn, thx guys ! i'll have to contact the isp and complain about this. Sorry about the late reply

Link Copied to Clipboard