Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
K

V
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
V
I'm failing to reproduce this. Perhaps you got some certain setting set? Also, what os are you using?

Can you reproduce this, if so, how?

#HelpDesk @ DALnet
N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
Are you sure you don't have any DLL files loaded that might be causing this? I've never seen this before except when an older (pre-6.2) DLL is "docking" or otherwise messing around with mIRC's children controls (treebar, switchbar, toolbar, MDI). These older DLL files have not been programmed to handle the treebar control or multiple line toolbars, since these abilites are new to mIRC 6.2.

NaquadaBomb
www.mirc-dll.com
K
KOJV Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Quote:
I'm failing to reproduce this. Perhaps you got some certain setting set? Also, what os are you using?
Can you reproduce this, if so, how?

I can reproduce it at any time, just tick to show the treebar.
I'm on Windows XP SP2.

Quote:
Are you sure you don't have any DLL files loaded that might be causing this? I've never seen this before except when an older (pre-6.2) DLL is "docking" or otherwise messing around with mIRC's children controls (treebar, switchbar, toolbar, MDI). These older DLL files have not been programmed to handle the treebar control or multiple line toolbars, since these abilites are new to mIRC 6.2.

Probably have, since noone else seem to have this problem. I don't know what dll that would be though. The only dll I have is mir.dll but that's just called for when I use my playing now script.

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Are you using any Docking DLL? Especially hOS.dll?

D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
Yeah, same here.
If I open the treebar after opening other windows, they are covered.
If treebar is opened first, all works as it should.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I am unable to reproduce this issue here. If you install mIRC to a new empty folder, with no scripts or dlls, and test this out, does it still happen? If not, then this means that you are using scripts or dlls that have not been designed to work with new version of mIRC 6.2, and you would need to contact the authors of those scripts or dlls for an update.

D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
I've switched the treebar from left to right sides, this behaviour only occurs here if it is on the right, and only if it is opened after the windows it will cover.

I don't use any dlls and it also occurs in a clean copy.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I am still unable to reproduce this issue here. Here is what I am doing:

1) Close down all other software that is running, including other copies of mIRC.
1) Copy mirc.exe to a new empty folder with no scripts or dlls.
2) Run mirc.exe by double-clicking on it.
3) Maximize the status window.
4) Go to the View menu and enable the Treebar.

If you perform the above steps exactly, are you able to reproduce the issue?

If the above steps don't reproduce the issue for you, can you describe step by step how you reproduce it?

Also, which version of Windows are you using? Are you using XP themes? Are you running any other background software that might be affecting mIRC?

D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
To reproduce.
1. Turn treebar OFF
2. Size opened windows full width of mIRC window.
3. Turn treebar ON <- Previously opened windows will either be partly covered, or pushed partly offscreen depending on whether the treebar is on the left or right.
4. Open new window(s). <- Will be re-sized properly.

Using XP or Vista, same thing for either.
Themes or no themes, same deal.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This looks like normal behaviour to me. If a window is full size and the treebar (or any other bar) is enabled, the MDI window area becomes smaller, so existing windows will extend beyond the MDI window area. mIRC has always behaved this way as far as I know. I could resolve it by making mIRC reposition and resize all of your windows to fit into the MDI area every time you change a display setting, however I don't think that would be desirable behaviour.

G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
This problem doesn't concern me, but perhaps an option to 'keep all windows within main window's border' or something similar.

-genius_at_work

Link Copied to Clipboard