mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
H
H4sH Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
H
I can't seem to connect to any servers I try on mirc. This just came out of the blue early last week. Things were working fine until one afternoon when I couldn't connect to anything. Been trying to solve the problem but I'm out of ideas and I didn't see anything on the forumns really. Usually, I just use mirc to connect to friends that play Tribes 2, which I've been doing for the past half-year. This is the simple error message I get:

* Connecting to irc.dynamix.com (6667)
-
* Unable to connect (Connection timed out)
-
* Connect retry #1 198.74.33.64 (6667)
-

Any ideas?

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Thats not the correct IP

[01:41] * Resolved irc.dynamix.com to 198.74.33.66

That IP works for me...

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
* Looking up irc.dynamix.com
-
* 3 results
* IP: 198.74.33.65      Address: irc.dynamix.com
* IP: 198.74.33.66      Address: irc.dynamix.com
* IP: 198.74.33.64      Address: irc.dynamix.com

They have 3 servers and they all work (and 64 was working 5 mins after he posted, I tested), so his problem has nothing to do with the IP he is connecting to.

H
H4sH Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Hmm, yeah I checked those IP's and the result was the same. I did a bit more random server connecting this morning though. From what I can tell, pretty much anything on port 6667 returns that same message that I'm unable to connect. A server on any other port (like for USAnet) connects fine. Did I mess with some setting that blocks port 6667 or is something else wrong?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
:-D Tribes

Anyways..
Have you changed anything in the past few days? You said it just started to give you problems. Might I ask if you just installed a firewall, or perhaps just got cable or dsl and baught a shiny new router for your house? The routers and firewalls (both hardware and software) can disrupt these things. If you do have a router let me know, I can guide you through bypassing it, or atleast allowing the port.

My aim is listed, or use the feedback form on my website.

-KingTomato
H
H4sH Offline OP
OP Offline
H
I didn't mess with any settings at all. I'm not under a firewall and we didn't get a new router...sadly. God we need a new one around here though. I don't think the connection has changed. I'm under the crappiest T1 one connection here at college. There's no bandwidth left, so during the day the block ports used to download on. I think 6667 is blocked? But that shouldn't make any difference anyway. They open up all the ports at midnight for downloading and I still couldn't connect then. I could almost say they changed something over spring break, but irc worked the first 2 days we were back. So I'm not sure what to think. I'll e-mail a techie support tonight, but I doubt they'll know anything. I'll post the response anyway if it's relavant. Thanks for all the help though grin

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
didnt we already answer this same question for u under a different username?

D3m0nnet.com
H
H4sH Offline OP
OP Offline
H
no...I did just register, but I've never asked this before. If the answer's in another forumn post though, could you direct me to it?

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_

D3m0nnet.com
H
H4sH Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Alright, thanks. I'm guessing that's the case then. I haven't got a response back from the tech support, but from the looks of the other post they probably blocked the irc port 6667 for some reason. But yeah, I'm definitely not that other user with a new name. Just coincidence that it happened like that. Thanks for the help

- H4sh

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
np hope ya get it figured out

D3m0nnet.com

Link Copied to Clipboard