mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
Hi all,

When i try downloading stuff from dcc servers, after about 3 minutes, my internet connection will just die, EVERYTHING i mean, i can't connect to msn, go on the net or surf any sites, i would really apreciate it if anyone could help me, thanks.

G.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This is often caused by either your router or your ISP. Specific information may allow someone to give you a clearer answer than that.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
M
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
well, it was working fine for like 50 years lol untill recently i reformated, i resinstalled the same version i was using, same router settings, same everything but now it just doesn't work.

What kind of information could i give for further support ?

thanks

G.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Router brand and model number are a good start. Also, what OS you're using can be helpful as well.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
C
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
C
Bumping this one because I seem to have the same problem. I'm using a d-link dsl-g624t and there are 2 computers attached to the switch (incl mine). Whenever I try to download something, I get the same issues as TS. Ports are configured correctly and I tried lots of things but unfortunate, the problem remains. One thing I discovered is that the problem dissapears when I remove computer2 connection from the switch.

Any ideas someone? thx

M
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
oddly enough, i tried that, disconnected my second pc from it does the samething, i even connected my pc directly to the source. still does that. I've opened ports, i've done many thingss, updated my router's connection, changed mirc version :S it's really odd, it used to work fine all these years.

My router is a Lynksys. Windows xp pro SP2.

Link Copied to Clipboard