mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
N
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
N
I've been registered with mirc for quite a few years now and have never had a problem registering a new version. This 6.3 has me stumped..I've been trying for days to get it to register but I keep getting this popup:
"Your registration could not be validated at this time. This may be due to the mIRC website being busy. Please try again in awhile."
Is anybody else getting this?

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I haven't seen anyone post about it, but I think I did see someone on #mIRC on EFnet have the issue. The only solution so far is to email khaled@mirc.com (after, of course, double checking the registration info you're putting in is correct).

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
For those who use the pirated copies of mirc, and you know who you are, you really need to think about making a payment.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I agree that copies that have been 'registered' using a crack or key generator should not be recognized as paid for.

I installed 6.3 and got a message saying that the registration code was invalid, so I double checked the e-mail, and everything looked correct, so I tried doing a copy & paste from the e-mail, which resolved the issue. I don't know what was going wrong, unless I accidentally hit O rather than 0 (or vice-versa), when typing the code in manually.

N
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
N
Thanks for the suggestion Mentality, I will try again tonight, and if no go, I'll fire off an email. I've been running without registering here at work, an older version, and I just tried the registration number I was given when I paid and it works fine on the older rev.
I can't copy/paste from the original email since it was so long ago.......

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
You're welcome.

You can use the Lost Registration page to have your reg info re-emailed to you.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard