mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Well done RRX!

To no one in particular re: no nag screens. I remember a very nice (but different from mirc) piece of IRC software called pIRCh that didn't have nag screens, and depended on people's honesty to get HIS $20 registration fee. It was last updated in 1998 (wonder why?).

my 2 cents worth

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Yes, RRX, but that's thanks to support and updates and isn't related to protections.

As far as nag screens, I don't mind nag screens. It is the actual protections that bother me.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
Ever consider not everyone pays for the Internet access they are using?

I think it would be better if Khaled considered offering sliding scale payments.

$20 standard
$10 for those who "claim" they are low-incomed.

Those who are not going to pay are probably not going to buy it. They'll just find a way around it (the registration). So why not offer it a bit cheaper and get some more money?

K
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
K
why my post got deleted here? that was a pretty idiot act, since i wasn't rude or used bad words. If someone here has a problem with it's work place, i don't have anything related so please don't start deleting messages without a decent reason.

Pathetic.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I don't know why your post was deleted, I don't think I've ever seen a post completely deleted by an admin on this forum.

If have seen them edited to the point where they were realistically deleted, but the post still showed, just with an Edited comment.

As to your comment regarding it being an "idiot act", in my opinion, that's insulting the intelligence of the moderators of this forum.

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Guys, The cheapest internet connection, for DSL, is about $14 to $15 dollars MONTHLY, at least in the United States. (I'm sure this adds up more than spending 20 bucks!) And for a decent, functional chat client like mIRC, $20 dollars isn't that much, let alone a one-time payment lasts a lifetime. Take it as a way to support mIRC's development...and a way to thank Khaled making such great client of all time. Those of you who don't want to register are going to find yourselves seeking a new crack for as long as you're with mIRC....or unless you don't want to bother with the registration dialog pops up every time you start it.

K
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
K
My original post was:

"You work in a supermarket for more than 2 years? wow."

The fact of it being idiot or not it's my oppinion, if it's offensive then the Moderator who deleted it should had been prepared to take it, otherwise he should just leave it as it was and accept my oppinion. This might not be democratic at all, but at least some good sense should be applied and not leaving personal thoughts about some person lead this to a abusive fact.

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Well, I have to admit censorship sucks, but without it, these moderators on this forum may be out of job. lol It's a dirty job but somebody's gotta do it.

Last edited by Tomao; 21/08/07 04:30 AM.
G
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
G
Just because it is your 'opinion' doesn't qualify it as a constructive comment that was of any relevance to the topic in question. It was clearly a troll message and was therefore worthy of being deleted.

On the forums where I am an administrator, anyone who makes obvious troll messages within their first 10 posts gets a nice fat permban. You are lucky you are still here.

-genius_at_work

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The moderator you were trolling had nothing to do with it. I deleted your post because I noticed that you had gone to the trouble of registering on this board and posting your first message just to be rude to someone. Please maintain some civility.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
General reply:

And on that note, I think everything that can be said, has been said. Topic has reached its inevitable end smile

Mentality/Chris
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard