mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#183272 18/08/07 10:55 PM
D
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
Ok, this is going to sound a little complicated, but i think it should be decipherable. I have a clone in the room i am in, just in case i need to op myself. Is there a way where i can set my clone to kick-ban a user who tries to un-op the regular me, and then re-op me? I am assuming that the script would need some sort of on de-op event, but i dont know how to put those in a script like an on text. Thanks, and I hope that someone can help. All help is GREATLY appreciated!

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Add these lines to your bot's remotes (change #channelname and yourrealusersnick in line 1 and 2)
Code:
on @!*:DEOP:#channelname: {
  if (($opnick == yourrealusersnick) && ($nick != $v2)) {
    .mode # +o $opnick
    ban -k $chan $nick 2 Don't deop $opnick $+ !
  }
}
(untested)

Note that this is protecting the nick, not "you". Type "/help protect list" to read about mIRCs internal protection system. You'll find it under "control" in your "Address Book" (alt-B) smile

D
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
Thanks Horstl! That works GREAT!

Also, is there a way to protect myself against kicks with the clone? As in, if the real me is kicked, the bot kicks the person who kicked me, and re-ops me when i enter? Thanks and all help is appreciated!

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
I still suggest using mIRCs internal control system for this:
Add your "user" to your bot's
1) Auto op list
2) Protect list

If you want that revenge stuff, and/or you'd like to protect your bot as well... find a fully-fledged script-only-sollution as already stated here

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Just wanted to add a comment to Horstl's post, if you want to protect your channel and your self, ask a friend if you know of someone that running linux/unix 24/7, then maybe he/she can provide you with a eggdrop (a bot that protect you and your channel), if not then you can try a windrop (also a bot that protect your channel) on your own computer "instead of your clone", many mirc scripts have good protections for channels and users, but a eggdrop or windrop also have the ability to link to other eggdrops/windrops, and many other things a script wont be able to do, atlest i havent seen a script that even got close to a eggdrop or windrop.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }

Link Copied to Clipboard