Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
ok but what i'm saying is i don't mean to be that way. some people need a quick fix or some problems need to be fixed faster then others. like on this situation,i need it done quick. others i probably would wait awhile because they aren't nearly as important. i guess that is what i'm driving at. but in any case i apologize.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
How can you say some problems need to be fixed faster than others. There is no some people require faster help involved, you either need help or you don't. Everyone who posts here are after help not more so than others. If someone has an answer to give they will give it, if they don't they wont.

P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
well like mine for instance. without getting port forwarding,i can't enjoy mirc. or on the other hand if mirc didn't work at all,already i know it could be a server split or maybe they are temporarily closing mirc to make sure everything is running properly. if i post the question there,i won't post more then once because i figure it is something within the program. it's that kind of thing. but anyway,it's no biggie because as i said i got the ports forwarded so i guess i'll move on now. thanks.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Well, you don't need to forward ports to connect to a network. You only need to forward ports for Identd and/or DCC.

In any case, posting many times does not increase the chances that someone will reply or the speed that someone replies. If anything, someone who sees that may choose not to answer just because it annoys them and then you'll have to wait longer.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
well again i understand but again let's think of it this way. this board has a bunch of posters as well as administrators for help. while you are responding,someone else could be looking. or even without responding they could be looking. how do i know either way? if you are looking,you obviously can't respond and look at the same time. plus you might get busy doing something else. if i just say "hey i need help" and don't get a response,a reminder can come in handy. there's a difference between "has anyone found anything out yet? i'm still here in case you were wondering" and "look i'm tired of waiting. either help me or i'm gonna sue you for every penny you got" choice B is when you hould ignore or even ban the individual. But as i mentioned before since i found the answer to the question i can move on. Thanks again. and if i did in fact annoy anyone i apologize.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You won't know even if you ask, so it's a moot point. smile

Anyhow, 48 hours is soon enough to ask again for future reference.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
well ok then. but again as i said if i do respond before that in the future,it doesn;t mean i'm trying to annoy anyone. as long as that's understood i'll try my best from now on. thanks.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard