Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
i'm using westell and i forgot where to look up stuff in port forward site. i'm using bellsouth now so any help would be appreciated.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Look for your router/modem on portforward.com and follow the instructions.

If you can't find your modem/router there you should read its manual. mIRC's port settings are in mIRC Options -> Connect -> Options -> [Advanced...].

If you continue to have issues please re-read the last thread you posted and make sure you understand what you were being told.

P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
collective my westell model number is E90-610030-06 but under westell that model does not exist and i have no manual for it.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Try this guide.

If you can't find the IP address of your router (although it should be be written on the label) go to Start -> Run... -> cmd -> ipconfig. The router's IP address should be the Default Gateway.

P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
yeah i did that but there doesn't seem to be a port forward section in bellsouth that i can see. if i knew of a place where it was,it'd be easier.

P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
hello?

P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
i have bellsouth for my ISP if this will help. i went through every option and there does not seem to be one for port forwarding anywhere. the address it gives is like 192.168.1.*** and i can get in the site but there is nothing there at port forwarding on any link at all. Please help as super quick quick as possible. thanks.

P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
hmmm. well just thought i'd ask. no one seems to know or are to busy to help. anyway,let me know.

Last edited by paulgr; 08/08/07 08:54 PM.
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
That's like the 3rd consecutive post by you, have patience my friend. smile

P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
well i waited many hours for a response. it's not like i posted every 5 minutes. I just want to get this done and over with because i want to get back on MIRC.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Most people go days without getting a response, the minority don't get any. Just be patient, otherwise people will probably get annoyed that this thread keeps getting bumped.

C
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
C
why dont you search your previous posts on the same subject the answers dont change much

Happy mIRC user on Linux
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
First of all, no matter how many times to bump a thread, it won't make people respond any faster. Hours is not much time when you're dealing with a FORUM. This is not a chat room. People here have jobs, sleep, live their lives. We're just volunteers and aren't going to sit here all day waiting to answer questions. A word of warning... bumping threads in under 48 hours (perhaps even over that) can get you into trouble and perhaps banned if you repeatedly do it. Just post and be patient. If you are in a hurry, then look somewhere else, such as a chat room, or call someone. Forums are not meant to be "instant answer services", so don't expect it to be one.

That said, this is who you should contact for questions about that model.
Originally Posted By: Westell
This product was specifically designed for Bell South.
You will need to contact Bell South for any support issues.

Their support number is 888-321-2375 (888-321-ADSL).

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
well first of all i know everyone has lives and sleep etc. But remember a message board,chatroom,etc. are designed so that if you know nothing about a topic,you post or type and get the help. If no one responds even after 1 post,you feel like you are being ignored. heck you could be looking it up as we speak after the first post,but how am i to know unless you say "i have read your post and i think i have a solution" or anything on those lines? I thought i had mentioned before that i am autistic and have Asperger's Syndrome so certain things confuse me such as not posting when i ask a question. It does not mean i'm rushing you either. I just thought you or anyone would at least post and go "thread link here" with info about the topic i am inquiring about. If it does not work,or if i need more help,then i should come here and ask again. Something like that. But anyway,i apologize if i seem like i am trying to annoy people. In any rate i called Bellsouth and i got it working. Seems like they have it hidden or something but i did locate port forwarding. Thanks again.

Paul

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
When someone has the answer, you will know about it. No one ignores anyone on here, it's simply if they don't know the answer they wont reply. Would you rather have around 40 or more people reply to this thread saying "Sorry, I don't know so I can't help you" just so you know you aren't being ignored?

You were told by myself posting continously is annoying and Riamus2 explained in more detail that it is infact wrong. As for the mentioning of Aspergers, do you know how many people have signed up to this forum, or ask for help on a day to day basis. I can't remember what I had for dinner last week let alone someone saying they have Aspergers.

All you need to do is have patience and remember you aren't being ignored. As stated people do have lives to lead, work, eat, get drunk sleep etc. No one here gets paid for dedicating their time and knowledge.

On a more positive note, I'm glad you finally got everything sorted and come back again soon if you need anymore help.

Cheers.

Andy

Last edited by SladeKraven; 10/08/07 04:08 PM.
P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
it seems like i just said in my last post "i know people in here have lives and eat and sleep,etc" I just wanted to know if anyone had an answer. if no one says anything,i can't keep checking in thinking "have they answered yet? have they answered yet?" it could be weeks and i'm not saying i have to get an answer spontaneously and/or right away,but as quick as possible is all i'm asking. Anyway i do apologize if i annoyed anyone. And thanks for the "glad i got it working" message. Take care and if i need help again,i'll let you know.

Paul

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
In future, add any thread/posts you are active in to your Watch list. Then when there's more activity you will be e-mailed. smile

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If it's "weeks" then there's no reason you can't "bump" the thread to ask again in case it got missed. However, anything under 48 hours is discouraged. The main reason is that it makes the thread "unread" for everyone, even if they already read it and already know that they don't know the answer to your question. So it wastes peoples' time when they already know they don't know the answer.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
P
paulgr Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
well if it is weeks,then it'd take me forever to find the post again. it's just a reminder anyway. not trying to annoy anyone. but again as i said i'll try not to in the future. i rareky come here anyway unless i need help with something anyway.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
It's not hard to find if you search through your posts. Which can be found under "My Stuff" at the top. smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard