mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
No I meant 160.

//echo -a $chr(160) Hello $chr(160) World $chr(160) !

P
pif___ Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
Thnx...

160 produced wrong ascii. The one that worked was 254!!! It could be related to my language settings.

Last edited by pif___; 05/08/07 03:06 PM.
B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
And the font you are using..

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
For a true space, you should use $chr(32), as any other ascii value might return something that doesn't look like a space based on the font being used.

One work around for the multiple spacing, for output messages, is to use something like <bold>space<bold>space<bold>space<bold>
the bold tags will prevent mIRC from removing the extra spaces, since the spaces aren't literally side-by-side.

The above example creates what looks like 3 spaces, and will work no matter what font you're using.

P
pif___ Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
Originally Posted By: RusselB
For a true space, you should use $chr(32), as any other ascii value might return something that doesn't look like a space based on the font being used.

One work around for the multiple spacing, for output messages, is to use something like <bold>space<bold>space<bold>space<bold>
the bold tags will prevent mIRC from removing the extra spaces, since the spaces aren't literally side-by-side.

The above example creates what looks like 3 spaces, and will work no matter what font you're using.

Thnx your trick did the job laugh

Last edited by pif___; 06/08/07 10:07 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Originally Posted By: Lpfix5
Originally Posted By: Riamus2
Close, but you didn't remove the <>'s. Besides, if they are one, then you can't make different colors for each kind of news item, which was the original request.

What are you talking about? Im copying from PIF's last post has I quoted it and made it smaller, I didnt read anything else, + making new colors within one line of code for every word is easier then saying pie.

Quote:
It is like this

[NICK] <BBC> ...............
[NICK] <CNN> ...............

His original request was to color the text when what's shown above is said in the channel. You weren't removing the <>'s from that text. You just added ||'s to it. That's what I meant. As far as the colors go, he originally requested having each news source using a different color format, which isn't that easy with a single line (BBC being one set of colors, CNN another, etc).

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Originally Posted By: Lpfix5
Close, but you didn't remove the <>'s. Besides, if they are one, then you can't make different colors for each kind of news item, which was the original request.

What are you talking about? Im copying from PIF's last post has I quoted it and made it smaller, I didnt read anything else, + making new colors within one line of code for every word is easier then saying pie.

Quote:
It is like this

[NICK] <BBC> ...............
[NICK] <CNN> ...............

His original request was to color the text when what's shown above is said in the channel. You weren't removing the <>'s from that text. You just added ||'s to it. That's what I meant. As far as the colors go, he originally requested having each news source using a different color format, which isn't that easy with a single line (BBC being one set of colors, CNN another, etc).

Still easy...

Code:
on ^*:TEXT:*:#:{
  if ($nick == Elder) && (BBC isin $1) || (CNN isin $1) { echo # $+(03<,$nick,>) $replace($1-,<CNN>,$+(4,|CNN|,5),<BBC>,$+(11,|BBC|,5)) | halt }
}

Code:
if $reality > $fiction { set %sanity Sane }
Else { echo -a *voices* }
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Easy, but hard to see easily... especially for a newer scripter. It also makes it more of a pain to edit later. Especially if you are doing more than a couple news outlets as well as having more colors than just the label (as was requested later in the thread).

I never said it wasn't possible. Just that it was easier to just have it on separate lines if they were going to be formatted differently.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Easy, but hard to see easily... especially for a newer scripter. It also makes it more of a pain to edit later. Especially if you are doing more than a couple news outlets as well as having more colors than just the label (as was requested later in the thread).

I never said it wasn't possible. Just that it was easier to just have it on separate lines if they were going to be formatted differently.

I know lol im aloud to have fun, you should already know me by now :P There's ton's of possibilities!

Code:
if $reality > $fiction { set %sanity Sane }
Else { echo -a *voices* }
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard