Print Thread
#181016 16/07/07 04:31 PM
S
Sheppie Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
Can anyone tell me what steps I need to take when changing internet providers if any. I am able to receive just fine and seem to get voiced no problem but it doesnt seem that I am accepting sends. I do have new email addy and I know I need to update that somewhere.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
as far as mIRC is concerned, your ISP (internet service provider), is irrelevant. mIRC does not know what ISP you're connecting with, and there is no place in mIRC (unless you have a script that asks for the information) where that information is asked for or stored in any format.

S
Sheppie Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
all right thank you...i am starting to think the prob was with the other person.....

S
Sheppie Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
New problem can connect to the realm and I get recognized. Then it says local host unknown. I was told that i needed a static ip which I upgraded my internet service and got but still no luck in the realm. Can get no ad to run or no voice. Any suggestions???

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Getting voiced in any channel on any network, is up to the ops (and possibly half-ops) of that channel. You'll have to find a way to contact them. If the channel isn't moderated, then ask in the channel. If it is, then check that you're doing everything correctly that they require, and, worst case scenario, try pming one of them.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A static IP isn't really required. More than likely, it's the problem with the ops not setting you up properly to handle your dynamic IP.

As for local host unknown, try changing your local host settings in mIRC. Alt-O > Connect > Local Info. You can probably leave the boxes blank and let mIRC fill them when you connect, but try changing the other options and see if that helps.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard