mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
S
Hi,

Is it possible for me to script an event that when a friend of mine joins my channel, and as long as he has the sound file, it will play it, i dont want the file to be played on my computer though, just his.

For example, i give my friend join.wav and then he joins my channel, i want a script that will play it on his computer, i think i saw it being done once, by using CTCP events, but i`m not sure.

Just been checking the sound events in the mirc help file, unsure what it is i have to read.

Would i have to give my friend the same script code, so he can use the same sound or not, even though he has the same sound file ?

Thanks
ShadowDemon
mIRC V6.03

Never argue with an idiot...they'll drag you down to their level and beat you up with experience
C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
first i would guess you need to know what he is using to play his sounds ? something self made or TxPlay etc because they all trigger differently .

S
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
S
Hi, Cheech, was thinking about using mIRCs SPLAY to play the sound event.

Would this be ok or not ?

ShadowDemon

Never argue with an idiot...they'll drag you down to their level and beat you up with experience
C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
yeah that would be fine actullay the hard part will be triggering the other persons to play you will need to know what triggers there script to play the sound if its On Text Event then you need to msg the channel to trigger it if it is a Ctcp event then you will need to send the correct CtCp does that make sense ?

S
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
S
Umm think so, let me explain probably more clearly what it is i want exactly (should of said that first)

What i want is that when a friend of mine joins my channel it plays a sound file.

For example, my friend called Nick1 joins my channel #channel and it will play the sound file on his computer, something like "Welcome to this channel" or "Stay a while, stay forever", basicly a welcome message in a wav file, instead of using text, that way he gets an audible welcome, i know it would be easy to setup a script for him, but my friend doesnt know how to setup or load scripts.

Of course i would set it up to only play the sound file to certain nicks who join my channel, which isnt many, so i wouldnt be playing to just anybody.

Thanks
ShadowDemon

C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
just as a thought here as i am not totally sure what your asking for if you only want to play this sound to one person not the room and not everyone eho joins and they have the sound file on there pc and they want to hear it each time they join then i would script it on there pc as something like an ON Notice event

Code:

On 1: NOTICE:*crankit*: {
if ( $nick == nickname ) && ( $active == #channelname ) {
/splay soundfile 
}
}
[color:blue] the above goes is your friends remotes   [/color] 

on 1:JOIN:#channel: {
 if ( $nick == nickname ) { /notice $nick crankit }
}
 [color:blue] the above goes in your remotes  [/color] 

the reason i say this is i dont know how you would keep from hearing the sound yourself by using /splay someone else prolly has much better ideas than this and also might know of a way to mute the sound or something of the sort

C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
ok i c what your asking in that case you will need to know how to trigger there sounds to play as i was saying above some use ctcp some use text and each could be different from one nick to the next smile i hope that helps

an example of using /splay would be like this
Code:

/splay wb.wav  | /msg $active 02«14Sound02» 12 $+ $nopath($inwave.fname)

the above would send text to the channel in the form
<mynick> 02«14Sound02» 12wb.wav
they would then need to trigger of of that text sent to the channel

S
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
S
It`s a start, thanks Cheech

ShadowDemon

L
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
L
Here's another thought on that subject. There are several options that can be done, but if you have the other person defined in your userlist, you can then do what you're wanting fairly easily. In the remote section would be something like:

on ^me:JOIN:#TestChannel: {
if ( list isin $nick ) { /timer 1 5 /sound $nick join.wav Hey $nick -- Welcome back to $chan ! }
}

the 'list' would be using my nickname, but you could qualify different ways if you needed. I put the /sound command on a timer so that it gives a brief pause for the other person to process the normal server messages when joining a channel.

Hope that this helps,

Listner

Morals: When the p0rn shop gives you too much change, and you don't keep it.
S
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
S
Thanks alot guys, esp Cheech, you got me started smile

I have two copies of the script, one for my friends and one for my bot, the bot code has a list of nicks i have added to it, and the second code is custom modified for my friends nicknames.

Thanks again to all who helped

ShadowDemon

C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
glad to help wink

Link Copied to Clipboard