mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
_
_D3m0n_ Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
_
ok i know how to create a menu so that u can detect a channels modes and toggle them on and off but im an oper on a server that uses the snomask protocal ..... how would u go about detecting them so that u can make a toggle on and off menu?
this is what i would use for a toggle on and off menu for chan modes:

.$iif(t isincs $gettok($chan(#).mode,1,32),+,-) Only Ops Set Topics: if (t isincs $gettok($chan(#).mode,1,32)) mode # -t | else mode # +t

now what modifications to that code would i need to make to actually detect a snomask mode? and is there anything? confused confused

D3m0nnet.com
D
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
D
Could you explain what exactly snomask is please?

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke
_
_D3m0n_ Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
_
ok on unrealircd 3.2 they use what they call snomasks .... which is like a secondary user modes to allow certain server notices to be sent to u ....... basically i dont know how i would be able to pull them in a usermodes because they arnt listed when u do /mode $me ........ they only are listed to u if u actually change one of them by doing /mode $me +s +or- snomaskmode ............. so ive run into this lil problem of basically making an on and an off set of popups to turn it on and off with no way of knowing whether its set or not........ anyhow im not sure if their is anyway of being able to code this like i want but any help or input would be appreciated

D3m0nnet.com
_
_D3m0n_ Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
_
what im planning on doing eventually along with this and the chanmodes script ive got is creating it into a dialog menu ..... ive got a ton of dialog menus now into my script and i really would like to incorporate this into it if i can .... i could set it up in variable into the script and then have then unset on close of the script but um when i oper up it sets a snomask on me and well i am not sure how i could incorporate that listing into it if i do go the variables route

D3m0nnet.com
D
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
D
Question ..

Since it doesn't show up when you use /mode $me, I presume that $usermode doesn't make it show up either?

How about On MODE? Does it detect snomask?

In either case, what you can do is to set a variable to on/off whenever you turn snomask on/off. And then use that variable to detect whether you have the usermode on or not. You can also use an empty scripting group.

Code:
#groupname on
#groupname end

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke
_
_D3m0n_ Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
_
kewl ty for the ideas and help ill see what i can come up with and ur right it doesnt pull snomasks with $usermode from what ive tested..... anyhow ty for the help

D3m0nnet.com
S
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
S
User masks are not broadcast to you when you join the server right off, nor can you request them. However, if you type //mode $me +s 0xXXXX replacing the X's with a bit-by-bit set of snomasks the server will send back to you the hexadecimal value of the modes you're allowed to receive. The best way to get the default mode values and what they do, however, is to look into the ircd's source code of the server you're connecting to, which can vary dramatically from one server to the next. Also, you get more snomasks depending on whether or not you're an irc operator, so if someone plans to make a dialog box for them, this might be useful to know so you can make (IRC OP only) checkboxes.

Link Copied to Clipboard