#181188 19/07/07 02:35 PM
J
JOCKz Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
J
hey guys,

well i need a little help, atm our site is having problems with sign-ups etc and the only way new users can access the site is through manual activation.

I was wondering if someone could code up a script which would PM joining members after about one minute, and not PM anyone that either has op status or voice.

the PM should read something like - need activation, pm username.

And i need help coding msg that will display in the main chan, with !activate and !confirmed as triggers to the messages

!activate = Activating <user> ...
!confirmed = <user> activation complete, please login !!

sorry guys, forogot to say thanks in advance smile

Last edited by JOCKz; 19/07/07 02:35 PM.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
This can be done easily enough, however, most scripting forums frown or refuse to help with scripts like this due to the fact that they can be used in an abusive manner.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
instead of sending private queries, why not just put the messages into the channel's topic?

J
JOCKz Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted By: RusselB
This can be done easily enough, however, most scripting forums frown or refuse to help with scripts like this due to the fact that they can be used in an abusive manner.

i was thinking the exact same thing last night, so iv decided to do what maroon suggested ...

Originally Posted By: maroon
instead of sending private queries, why not just put the messages into the channel's topic?

(the topic is updated regulary, but some users are idling in the chan waiting for help)

but in a diffrent manner, a script that would post a msg in the main chan, after i type a cmd like !assist ? and the msg should read, "anyone need help ?"

and this too pls
Quote:
And i need help coding msg that will display in the main chan, with !activate and !confirmed as triggers to the messages

!activate = Activating <user> ...
!confirmed = <user> activation complete, please login !!

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
We still need more details regarding just what is supposed to happen when the !activate and !confirmed commands are used.
ie: Who can use use them, what kind of information is checked to see if they are confirmed or not.

The more details you can give when wanting a script (although technically you should try to write the script yourself first, then show us what you have and we can try to repair/improve it).

J
JOCKz Offline OP
OP Offline
J
sorry about that, the script is use by me and the cmds shouldnt be accessable by anyone else. I would like to learn to script so please point me were to start. I'v never done any irc scripting but im willing to learn. Googling now smile

please post links you think would be useful, since google isnt always right or outdated guides (thx)

so ..

!assist = msg from me into the chan "need help ?"
!activate = me msg'n in the chan "Activating <user> ..."
!confirmed = msg chan "<user> activation complete, please login !!"

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Regarding learning how to script, the scripter's bible is also known as the help file.

Additionally there are little scripts (also known as snippets) available on many sites such as Hawkee or mIRC Scripts.org

J
JOCKz Offline OP
OP Offline
J
RusselB for all the help. I havent been able to access the pc due to heavy work loads, so i am sorry for the late reply.

Would it be possible for someone to send me the help file via a web host ? Im looking through the snippet sites RusselB posted while i have the time of day. I will post back as soon as iv attempted and see how i can improve with the advice given smile

Thank you all

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
The mIRC help file is included in the mIRC installation file.

If you don't have that file, then you can download it from here

To my knowledge, the official help file isn't available separately.

L
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
L
Maybe I'll tell you a bit about English netiquette.

Topic: scripting help pls smile

First off, it's "please," not "pls." Putting a smiling emoticon means you are happy you request help which is actually irrelevant (but also subjective).

Here's a couple of examples of scripts you can base on.

on *:text:hi:#:/msg $chan Hi $nick
on *:text:help*:#:/msg $chan Someone needs help..
on *:text:pm me:#:/msg $nick I pm'd you...
on @*:text:bad word:#:/kick $chan $nick You said bad word..
on *:text:kick him*:#: if ($nick isreg $chan) { msg $chan Sorry, only ops can request kicks. }

Now go ahead and make your own code based off the above code and then paste your code if you need help.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Quote:

First off, it's "please," not "pls." Putting a smiling emoticon means you are happy you request help which is actually irrelevant (but also subjective).

How is any of this relevant?

Pls is an abbreviation if I want to create a thread "please help with this lol, it's a mess"

Would I put "please help with this laugh out loud, it's a mess?" You're correct, of course I wouldn't.

L
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
L
Originally Posted By: SladeKraven
Quote:

How is any of this relevant?

False question - it isn't.

Originally Posted By: SladeKraven
Pls is an abbreviation if I want to create a thread "please help with this lol, it's a mess"

Would I put "please help with this laugh out loud, it's a mess?" You're correct, of course I wouldn't.

scripting help pls smile --> Scripting help please.

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
hu carz? as lng as its understndble its not dat imprtant

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
i uredontosd waht he mnaet smile

Link Copied to Clipboard