mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#180876 14/07/07 07:50 PM
D
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
I downloaded a trivia bot that says that I am supposed to open mIRC, and type /load -rs trivscript.mrc. When i do, I get a popup saying: One or more scripts have been loaded that include initialization commands. You should only allow the initialization commands to be run if you know what the script does. When I click yes, "Loaded script 'C:\Program Files\mIRC\trivscript.mrc'" is the message that I receive in the room. when i go to use one of the commands, however, nothing works. is there a default setting in mirc that could prevent the running of these scripts. btw, the script is specifically developed for mIRC and everyone else on the site had no trouble using it....don't know if that helps. Thanks in advance!

D
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
Also, what does the -rs mean?

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Without knowing what trivia script you actually loaded there's not alot I can really say. Each trivia script will have different settings. Some scripts require a certain mIRC version to run on, this is due to new features and such. The -rs indicates you want to load a remote script and not an aliases or popup file.

If you tell us where you downloaded the script, I'm sure someone on here will have a look through it and tell you how to set it up.

Sorry I couldn't be much more help.

D
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
http://www.mircscripts.com/cgi-bin/file.php?id=519 is where I got the script. It says that it is for 6.0 and above. Mine is the most recent one, so I would think that it wouldnt be the problem. Thanks again!

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I just downloaded that script and it seems to be working for me, just type /dialog -m trivset trivset and set it up from there. smile

D
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
I tried that...but it still doesnt work. Every time i say for it to start the game, both by the command menu and !trivia, nothing happens. I even hit force question, and nothing happened. a few times, it said that there was no question file, but i told it exactly where to look.....i will delete it and try again...thanks for the help! smile

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Make sure you add the channels you want it to work in. smile

D
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
I did, but when i did that, it told me something weird.... If i cant get it to work when i download it, i will just use a different bot. thanks for all of the help.....again XD

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I would recommend GitarMan's TrivBot2001 it's pretty good, I've used it for a few years now.

D
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
Wow, thanks! that download was great. i'm customizing my questions right now. Youve been a great help! By the way, do you know of a bot that lets you customize !these commands? lol, again, youve been a great help smile

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I don't know of a bot that allows you to customize the commands and I wouldn't advise modifying that bot unless you are certain you know what you are doing just incase it messes up core commands etc. But you can always add your own using On Text.

/help On Text

You will always get help on here from someone, I however must sleep now I have a baby to feed soon. smile

Good luck with the code, and I'll look at this thread again first thing tomorrow.

Link Copied to Clipboard