mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
L
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
L
Returning the users with the most comchans.

Anybody think they can make a while loop for listing the users from the most comchans to the least (let's just say, down to 3 comchans)?

And perhaps on a local and global scale. Local is a bit unnecessary though.

For global, just scan it by nick. I.e., I have an alias that returns all the global comchans by nick, but it would be nice if someone could make an alias to /echo a list of who has the most comchans in all your channels globally down to persay, 3 or 2 comchans (since listing 1 comchan would be virtually your entire IAL).

An output like..

NickX - 8 comchans with you.
Nick2 - 6 comchans with you.
Etc.

And then, ties would be, well, in random or alphabetical order.

;/

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Too late & too tired to write this up now, but I'll do it up after I get home from work, in about 10 hours.

BTW: Do you want the results shown to all in channel, just to you in channel, via a custom window, a dialog box or some combination there of.

Additionally, how are you defining the difference between local and global. If global is a match across all networks that you're on, note that it's possible for two different people to be using the same nick on two different networks, so your Global common channels won't technically be 100% correct.

On the other hand, if you mean local, as in on the same server that you're connected to, and global meaning all of the interlinked servers creating the network, this will be more difficult, and I believe, will require you to have IRCops level status on the network (referencing UnRealIRCd)

X
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
X
Here's a code using $ial

Code:
alias cc {
  var %i = $ial(*,0), %w = @comchans
  window %w
  while %i {
    if ( $ial(*,%i).nick != $me ) && ( $comchan($ial(*,%i).nick,0) > 1 ) aline %w $ial(*,%i).nick - $v1 comchans
    dec %i
  }
  filter -wwtcue 3 32 %w %w 
}

Usage: /cc

Another that will loop to all connections, channels, nicks & will distinguish to which connection that nick was

Code:
alias cc2 {
  var %s = $scon(0), %c, %n, %m, %w = @comchans
  window %w
  while %s {
    scon %s
    %c = $chan(0)
    while %c {
      %n = $nick($chan(%c),0)
      while %n {
        %m = $nick($chan(%c),%n) 
        if ( %m != $me ) && ( !$fline(%w,$network $+ : %m *,0) ) && ( $comchan(%m,0) > 1  ) aline %w $network $+ : %m - $v1 comchans
        dec %n
      }
      dec %c
    }
    dec %s
  }
  filter -wwtcue 4 32 %w %w 
}

Usage: /cc2

Last edited by xDaeMoN; 02/06/07 07:31 AM.

If you have a plastic floor runner over your tiles, then you're one Hella Pinoy!
L
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
L
Originally Posted By: RusselB
Too late & too tired to write this up now, but I'll do it up after I get home from work, in about 10 hours.

BTW: Do you want the results shown to all in channel, just to you in channel, via a custom window, a dialog box or some combination there of.

Additionally, how are you defining the difference between local and global. If global is a match across all networks that you're on, note that it's possible for two different people to be using the same nick on two different networks, so your Global common channels won't technically be 100% correct.

On the other hand, if you mean local, as in on the same server that you're connected to, and global meaning all of the interlinked servers creating the network, this will be more difficult, and I believe, will require you to have IRCops level status on the network (referencing UnRealIRCd)

You can echo it to a custom window. As far as different people using the same nick on different networks, that's fine.

Link Copied to Clipboard