#1801 15/12/02 04:04 AM
A
accessx Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
A
Kind of a Cool idea..
By Using imirc and a cell phone with mobile AIM access.. Logging onto an IMIRC supported server one can send commands to a running copy of mIRC over the AIM service on a cell phone. Why do this?
- Use Dll's to retrieve current CPU temp/ RPM and impress your friends while standing in line for a movie.
- Write a script to order Papa John's over the net and order over IRC instead of using up your minutes.
- Chat/admin IRC channels on the road
- Signal your webcam to take pictures of your home/office then convert to a mobile picture format and view them over a wireless web browser.
- Add inspiring script functions while on the road instead of forgetting about them when you get home.
* Use Nextel phone/service (unlimited net access). Their phones allow one to attach a portable keyboard for faster input. (larger screens too) :tongue:

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
When I walk out the front door of my flat the last thing I want to think about is IRC or even computers. Visiting the hole in the wall instead of a real person to get my wages is bad enough hehe.

K
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
K
Of all the things I could see using net/phone access for... IRC wouldn't be one of them smile But I'm sure folks will find a way crazy

S
SyN Offline
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
S
sounds like something I might do but then I'm a hopelessly deranged addict

It's only called insanity if you're poor.
I stay alive to spite those that wish me dead.
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
You might think that, but I guess you haven't seen WirelessIRC for the Nokia 7650 smile

K
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
K
Indeed I have. I have 3 teenaged sons wink
Still doesn't mean I have to accept it smile

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
agreed.. i can just see ppl trying to IRC while driving down the road *shudder*

maybe we should add that to how to tell when you are hopelessly addicted to IRC :tongue:

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard