Print Thread
P
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
P
Hello i found with the forumsearch this post:

LINK

billythekid says in this post that he maybe can get a special permission from Khaled

So my first Question :

Is it realy illigal to zip the mirc.exe within a scriptpackage?

Why are there so much finish scripts to download so i also woundering?

Could i realy get a special permission from Khaled?

Do you know a good alternative to get other users the download on my page ?
Because I only want to add 2 or 3 scripts for easyier Nickserv Chanserv regisering on my server i think its not good new users on irc who are there at first time say how to use NS CS etc

Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
Quote:
billythekid says in this post that he maybe can get a special permission from Khaled
Not true. billythekid mentioned mirc.net as an example, however that is different: mirc.net offers the original installer file for each mirc version there. As magic quoted in the thread you linked, the license agreement states:

mIRC may only be distributed as the original distribution install file as distributed by mIRC Co. Ltd.

So distributing mirc as part of any other package (like a zip) violates the license agreement. No exceptions can be made.

There is no reason to bundle mirc.exe in your zip anyway though; your users can first download and install mirc and then do the same for your script; if your script provides a straightforward way of installing itself, your users will have no trouble.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
P
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
P
Ok thank you ...

So is it allowed to make an installer that installs the mirc installer and copys after the installation the scriptfiles into the mirc folder ?

Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
Probably not. You can find a little more information in Khaled's FAQ. If you want a definite answer, you'll have to contact Khaled (his email is also mentioned in the FAQ).

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com

Link Copied to Clipboard