mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Z
Zapy Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
Z
check Include Network and Make Folder @ logging section and get the first .1 file in the networks name folder.
end the session / quit and the .1 in the network folder gets "merged/copied" to the ordinary logs dir.

really annoying

//Rikard 'Zapy' Bremark

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This is by design, when you are not connected to a server the status window has no associated network, so it returns to a default no-network state. This applies to logging as well as various other settings throughout mIRC.

Z
Zapy Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
Z
Originally Posted By: Khaled
This is by design, when you are not connected to a server the status window has no associated network, so it returns to a default no-network state. This applies to logging as well as various other settings throughout mIRC.

whats then the idea to choose that logs should be saved in a separate by network folder?

it creates one file for the starter in " QuakeNet " with .1 in the end, i disconnect and it then copies the file from QuakeNet to logs so now i have got two of them, why? and it isn't the status window i am talking about i am talking about the channel windows sorry not for mentioning that earlier.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
That's right, if you have a channel window open, and it is being logged, then while connected the channel.N.log is in the Network folder. The moment you disconnect, that channel no longer has an associated network, so the channel.N.log in the Network folder is closed, and a new channel.N.log is opened in the root logs folder. The log in the Network folder is not copied to the root logs folder.

If in your case the channel.N.log from the Network folder is actually being fully copied to the root log, then that is a bug. However I can't reproduce this here. Can you describe a step by step process the reproduces the full copying of all contents of the channel.N.log file from the Network folder to the channel.N.log file in the root folder?

Z
Zapy Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
Z
ok, it isn't getting copied, just checked it, but this is a really stupid change from the previous mIRC versions, who wants "double" log files? if i get disconnected it should stop the logging in the network dir and not create new ones, because what can i do in the channels thats open when i get disconnected, this will just fill up the root of t

he logs dir with unnecessary logs.

so my proposition is that when you get disconnected it should get it and stop logging all chans besides the status chan if its logging.

can we get a discussion about this?

//Sinercly Rikard 'Zapy' Bremark

Last edited by Zapy; 03/07/07 10:07 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This is in fact how all versions of mIRC have always behaved. You can do all kinds of things in a window without being connected, ie. echo text from custom scripts to the window. In fact, all kinds of useful information would end up not being logged if logging stopped while not connected. Logging relates to activites within the window, not specifically connection-related activities. This is standard mIRC logging behaviour.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Would it be possible to retain the network information temporarily, in order for the .1 logs to be merged correctly with the channel/status/query logs for that network?
I would suspect that there would be very little time actually required, but that's just my opinion, and not based on any real facts.

Z
Zapy Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
Z
This is in fact how all versions of mIRC have always behaved. You can do all kinds of things in a window without being connected, ie. echo text from custom scripts to the window. In fact, all kinds of useful information would end up not being logged if logging stopped while not connected. Logging relates to activites within the window, not specifically connection-related activities. This is standard mIRC logging behaviour.

it has? i need to try that one out, because what i remember is that it has worked the way i want it to work. ill check it ! ty for the info.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
That's right, if you have a channel window open, and it is being logged, then while connected the channel.N.log is in the Network folder. The moment you disconnect, that channel no longer has an associated network, so the channel.N.log in the Network folder is closed,
[snip]

Part of the user's confusion could be that it appears that the channel does have an associated network to some degree. If you join Network1 and Network2, and create or join #test at both, then type in the channel windows

//echo -a *** $network $active

shows the same thing before and after we disconnect from both networks without closing the channel windows. We just don't have a $server value after disconnecting.

Link Copied to Clipboard