mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#179735 27/06/07 01:03 PM
T
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
I'm a member of a pretty busy channel and after doing him a favour, the channel owner gave me +v status yesterday. I logged in today and it was gone. The channel owner says it should be there and none of the ops have taken it from me. How do I get it back?

I'm pretty new to mIRC (been using it for nearly 2 months), so I don't know any esoteric commands. It took be about 10 minutes to figure out how to register my nickname lol.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated. The guys in the channel can be jerks sometimes so it's likely that the +v was taken off me by one of them and they won't admit it (which is why I'm asking here). I've tried fiddling with the Chanserv commands but I'm stumped.

Thanks in advance.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Well I looked at that channels access list and Misanthrope is not on it. It looks to me like someone removed it. Check the list yourself by typing /cs access #eve-online list

~ Edit ~
I got the network name, channel name and your nick from your profile.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Voice, like all statuses, are temporary. Once you've left the channel or disconnected from the server they are lost. To get voice again an op will have to voice you again.

What the channel owner might have meant is that you have been given some sort of automatic "AutoVoice" status which isn't so much an IRC server status as it is 3rd party services or scripts giving your voice back automatically.

If you're autovoiced in ChanServ you may need to IDENTIFY to your nickname before joining the channel. This is usually done through /identify password or /msg ChanServ identify password or just /chanserv identify password! Try that.

Otherwise, you'll just have to ask an op to let you have voice back. Maybe he didn't mean you to have voice automatically when you joined every time and it was a one-off thing?

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
RoCk #179739 27/06/07 01:21 PM
T
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
Yeah, looks like some sneaky git took it off me when I logged out. Thanks for the help.

T
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
Originally Posted By: Mentality
Voice, like all statuses, are temporary. Once you've left the channel or disconnected from the server they are lost. To get voice again an op will have to voice you again.

What the channel owner might have meant is that you have been given some sort of automatic "AutoVoice" status which isn't so much an IRC server status as it is 3rd party services or scripts giving your voice back automatically.

If you're autovoiced in ChanServ you may need to IDENTIFY to your nickname before joining the channel. This is usually done through /identify password or /msg ChanServ identify password or just /chanserv identify password! Try that.

Otherwise, you'll just have to ask an op to let you have voice back. Maybe he didn't mean you to have voice automatically when you joined every time and it was a one-off thing?

Regards,

When I asked the channel owner what had happened he asked if I'd used my password. That's when I started looking at the chanserv stuff for what to do.

My nickname is registered and therefore passworded, so do I use my nickname password on those chanserv commands you gave?

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I did a whois on your nick and it is identified with NickServ so you've identified successfully.

[08:30] -NickServ- Misanthrope is currently online.

I believe he meant NickServ, not ChanServ.

RoCk #179744 27/06/07 01:40 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Quite right, I did mean NickServ sorry.

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard