mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
As you have probably noted, based on the number of posts in this topic, there is no one reason or solution.
Like you, I've used IRC (various clients) for years on multiple machines and using multiple os's, yet never came across this error until about 2 years ago, and it was so infrequent, I didn't pay much attention to it (something like once every 6/7 months).

Now, however, as I posted earlier, I'm getting it about every 12 hours. It's annoying, but my reconnect options work fine, and since I know about what time it happens, I have arranged a script to ensure that I'm logged in and using the same nick that I was using at the time of disconnection.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It could be a matter of forgetting to install motherboard drivers, or a bad NIC driver installation. It could also just be coincidence and it's just an ISP issue.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
R
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
R
Well, it happens for me every 3-5 minutes...

Now that I think of it, the only thing I might have done different this time is the number of post-SP2 updates I installed... It's quite possible I installed some new ones I never installed before. Can't think of anything else, and it's definitely no ISP thing as my friends PC (same network) has no issues at all.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Originally Posted By: Ragrr
Well, it happens for me every 3-5 minutes...

You dont have a timer that trigger a script every 3-5 minutes? I can get this problem if a code i wrote have a fault in it, and then i have to rewrite it and problem is gone. Did you try a clean mirc, no scripts added, also try disable your virus protection for 10 minutes and see if it still happens.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
R
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
R
Yep, don't use any scripts. And it's the same backup up mIRC installation folder I restore everytime, so nothing changed.

- mIRC: nothing changed
- ISP: nothing changed
- hardware: nothing changed
- WinXP: fresh install -> here lies the problem I suppose?

B
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
B
I use mirc and i recently got this error and until this moment i couldt get what was causing this.
But when i looked at my system log i found the following message:
"TCP/IP has reached the security limit"

after doing a google search i found this website:
http://www.speedguide.net/read_articles.php?id=1497

where you can replace a file that removes the tcp/ip limit on a sp2 system by replacing a file in your system.

i dont know if this is finaly a fix for this annoying problem but for all of you xp sp2 users try it and please report if this fix works.

B
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
B
I can confirm that this fix worked for me!!!

I now get a stable connection again!

R
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
R
Didn't work for me...

I did notice an error msg appears in my log viewer every time mIRC disconnects:

Quote:
Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 007231374ACE. The following error occurred:
The semaphore timeout period has expired. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

Anyone knows what's going on here?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Turn off the power to your modem and, if you have one, your router. Then, wait 10 seconds or so and turn on first the modem and let it fully initialize (all lights solid other than PC activity). If you have a router, turn it on after the modem is fully initialized. You should then be set.

Optionally, you can go to the start menu and choose Run. Type:

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

(Do the first, hit OK, then go back into Run and do the second.)

Either should reset your router/modem and get you back up and running when you have that sort of error message.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
S
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
S
this error happens to happen every day it seems no matter how long i have been idle on talk city server... any ideas?

T
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
T
I had this error for the last 3 days... But it wasn't limited to mIRC, everything was getting disc every few seconds... Surfing to a site had me clicking refresh for about 5 times sometimes...

Checked for spyware and did a virus scan... Then I checked my router config and saw I was syn flooding... So from there I got help and it was easy to figure out...

Probably not a solution for most people in this topic, but if you encounter similar problems, just do this:

Start > run - type CMD and press enter.

Then in command type: netstat -ano

If you see a long list with syn_sent in the 4th column you need to check the number that's under PID for that row.

With that number in mind press CTRL-ALT-DELETE and go to processes, make sure you can see the PID in that tab (if not, go to VIEW > Selec Columns [Or something] and CHECK PID there). Then check and see if you see the PID you saw in CMD and check the process name... Write it down and kill it, then look for the process name on the web to find a way to get rid of it, or hunt it down yourself...

Mine was called soundys32.exe and I was unable to find that file on my PC, even though process explorer pointed me to windows\system32, nothing there... With hidden files enabled ofc.

Blah, just thought I would share, I got pissed of that my pc kept losing connection to the internet, first I thought it was just mIRC, then I noticed MSN kept relogging too and I couldn't browse at times. The weird thing was that World of Warcraft would stay logged in no matter what!

N
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
N
I used to get this 10053 error occoasionaly on most of the networks I frequent, but most often on one particular network anywhere between 1 to 4 disconnects every hour (just idling, unjoined).
After upgrading to version 6.3 from v.6.21 I haven't encountered it yet for over a day.. so it seems something has changed in mIRC v.6.3 to help with this issue for me at least.

N
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
N
Ok, so it's starting again.. on that one network that has given me trouble before. After nearly 2 days of a continuous connection, it happened twice in a row within 15 mins.. frown

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
You obviously forgot to knock on wood after your first post, that'll teach ya. smirk

H
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
H
Hello,
A newbie here - I just downloaded and installed mIRC and want to get onto Austnet but it just wont connect. I have disabled the Windows XP firewall ... I don't know what to do now?

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Which server address and port are you using?

C
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
C
on *:sockclose:rawout*:echo -t @commands $sockname lost $sockerr $sock($sockname).wsmsg

[19 14:56:42] rawout.1480914972.XXX lost 3 [10053] Software caused connection abort
[19 14:57:43] rawout.1405060707.XXX lost 3 [10053] Software caused connection abort
[19 14:57:45] rawout.1393380566.XXX lost 3 [10053] Software caused connection abort
[19 14:57:48] rawout.1477683035.XXX lost 3 [10053] Software caused connection abort
[19 14:57:55] * [10053] Software caused connection abort

error from a script(not on port 6667) and mirc loosing its connection to another irc network(also not on 6667)

XP seems to be plauged by mass connection aborts

first few errors are from a script and the last is from a different mirc window(of a newer version) on the same pc connected to a normal irc network

Y
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Y
Hey.
I've got mIRC 6.31,
and router linksys wrt54g with dd-wrt v24 R4 on it.

I get many connection abort (10053) in DALnet,
EFnet seems stable, but DALnet disconnects every 10 minutes.

I tried now to use other port than 6667, I will try to see if it works.

Any other ideas?

Maybe I should NAT some ports in the router?

A
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
A
I have errors say things like DNS pool error and Software caused connection abortion

i cannot even get on IRC.

i used to be able to get on IRC and everything was normal.

all of a sudden i started getting this error and it has progressed to a point that i cannot even on online on IRC anymore.

B
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
B
I am on mirc 6.31 on windows vista. I also have a router hooked to the pc that runs mirc. I keep getting this issue like 5 or 6 times a day. It is not when I use dcc it's usually when I idle. If this question was already asked I am sorry for repeating it. I couldn't
find the answer in all the millions of posts. Does anyone know how to fix this? Please get back to me ASAP. I can't take the disconnects anymore.

BonM

Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard