Print Thread
#179153 18/06/07 04:45 PM
M
moore76 Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
hi. I have been trying to connect to mIRC since last night and when I do I get the message 'unable to resolve server'. I have tried everything I can think of to fix the problem. I have tried connecting to diffrent servers and I still get the same message.

thanks for the help.

C
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
C
Hi sorry to hear you are having a few problems.
1st you do not connect to Mirc, Mirc is the programme you use to connect to a chat network. 2nd you dont mention any firewalls etc or operating system, this makes diagnosing your problem difficult. If you would like to post again with operating system info and any router/dsl/cable modem info, plus any firewall/virus stuff then I am sure someone will fix you right up.
In the meantime have a nice day

Happy mIRC user on Linux
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The most common cause of all networks suddenly not working and giving that error message is an update to a firewall or antivirus program, assuming your entire internet isn't down. Sometimes, an update to firewall or antivirus can turn on an IRC blocker, or else it can disable the internet permissions for mIRC. So you should check your settings in your firewall and/or antivirus. If you want help with that, please provide the name(s) of what you are using.

Also, if you move mIRC to another folder or install a new copy of it, your firewall may block it from connecting to the internet, so keep that in mind as well.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard