Print Thread
#178200 06/06/07 09:47 AM
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
Couldent it be a "popup" in the forum that tell people they shouldent ask questions about DCC ? the standard answer is "we dont help with DCC bla bla", i dont remember, but you cant post a question befor you are a member? then have some text that people see and that explain why they shouldent post DCC questions? cos it's a bit disturbing to see a new post, and it's about DCC, then you expand to read, and the answer is "we dont help with DCC", no one else that think the same?

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
sparta #178201 06/06/07 11:26 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
People don't read the file sharing sticky, so why would they read the popup? Besides, popups are very annoying.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
sparta #178202 06/06/07 11:34 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Short answer: No.

Mentality/Chris
Riamus2 #178217 06/06/07 09:08 PM
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
Originally Posted By: Riamus2
People don't read the file sharing sticky, so why would they read the popup? Besides, popups are very annoying.

if they are forced to agree to a text befor become a member, then maybe, just maybe it atlest arent that many that asking the same question smile

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
sparta #178219 06/06/07 09:40 PM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Just because some text flashes up and someone ticks a box doesn't mean they actually read it. Every time you install a bit of software you agree to the End User Licence Agreement that comes with it. Have you ever read one? I know I haven't.

Remember, there's nothing in the forum rules against helping with DCC, it's just against using DCC for legally dubious filesharing.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
thats 200 lines of text, if u get like 3 lines, then u read it? i know i do smile

sparta #178222 06/06/07 10:58 PM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Yeah but there'd only be three lines if all it did was display the rule about DCC and filesharing. If there was going to be any kind of message I'd presume it would also cover the other major topics. There are around 15 or so sticky threads which cover the rules and regularly asked questions on the forums. A couple of lines explaining each of those and that's just about enough text for the people it's aimed at to not bother reading it.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Agreed. It's not worth it. And, like it was mentioned, even at 3 lines, most people don't read them. It's not really worth it. At most, I'd say to put a note on the new member registration screen that is bolded and recommends that users read all Stickies prior to posting any questions. In the end, people who read those stickies save themselves having to wait until someone replies if the answer is already there. Still, I doubt that will actually have any affect.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard