Print Thread
#17810 02/04/03 04:24 AM
B
Boss1 Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
B
How much bandwidth is actually used when you connect to a server and while you are online? The reason why I ask is because my work is concidering allowing us to have an IRCD server in the office however the IT departments wants to see what the bandwidth is for the client and the IRCD server. Anyone help me with this?

wink
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
bandwidth is relative to what ur ircd is going to actually be able to ..... using services . number of clients and so on and so fourth ..... a small example ... a server with 5 ppl constantly chatting or flooding a room with popups will use more bandwidth that 30 ppl idling ... i guess it depends on what the traffic and what the users will be doing and what info u will be sending on connection and so on and so fourth ..... i am sure there are several ppl who could answer this alot better tho than me so ill leave tha rest of it up to them

D3m0nnet.com
B
Boss1 Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
B
well what we are looking at is 300 users in server plus also then services as well just the standard ones nickserv chanserv memoserv and operserv. thats all ths is being planned for use right now thing is we need some numbers to show that it doesnt take alot of bandwidth and it would be effective for usage in a call center environment. thats why I need the stats on it.

wink

Link Copied to Clipboard