Print Thread
#178084 05/06/07 01:30 AM
R
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
R
please help.
been banned for using the wrong network. wasn't sure at first which network to run, so i cliked on hemmet?? (something like that...not important the name, just that it's wrong).
found later that best i should be on undernet, so i keep trying to change to undernet; but when open excursion, hemmet is automatically there again and i don't know how to get that network off, and if i quickly disconnect, i can't change anything.
therefore, i will continue to be banned until i get this fixed.
where am i supposed to enter the network, and how do i delete the wrong one..hemmet??
thank you so much,
readysetgo

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Just go into mIRC's options (Alt-O > Connect > Servers) and select the one that you want. Or, you can manually connect by typing the following into the edit line:

/server irc.undernet.org

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
My first suggestion, is to get rid of excursion, or contact their help boards in regards to altering that configuration.
Next, there's absolutely nothing (unless excursion blocks this, and as I don't use it I don't know), to stop you from typing
Code:
/server irc.undernet.org
in any open window (including a disconnected status window)

R
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
R
if i am using the wrong network, how the world am i supposed to change it if i don't type????
i have been sharing karaoke for 2 years on that site!
changed computers, changed email addresses, and NEVER had a problem before.
what's up? newly formatted. no virus. same old person.
you're always needing money.
let me know when YOU fix my problem and i'll send a generous donation, then connect; and i won't touch any of my settings from now on. you know what you're doing. obviously, i don't. and there are no instructions on how to get back on this site when your computer takes a poop.
you have all my info. waiting...
i feel much better now that i know i'm not supposed to be changing anything. so sorry i tried to fix things.
how about the end of june? oh, i'll check back sometime in july.
have a Blessed day, and a great summer!
readysetgo

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I suggest that you sit down, take a couple of deep breaths, then calmly re-read both my reply and that of Riamus2.

You have made insinuations and statements in this last post which have absolutely no basis. Specifically, you state
Quote:
you're always needing money.
If that was true, I wouldn't be sharing the knowledge that I have obtained on a open access forum.

Additionally, since you state
Quote:
i have been sharing karaoke for 2 years on that site!
and the fact that mIRC isn't a file sharing program could be considered grounds to stop this topic right now.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Whoa, it looks like someone needs a cracker and a timeout. shocked

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
We have already given you your answer. Change the network using one of the methods mentioned (typing the /server command, or going into mIRC's options). If you have a problem with a specific script, such as Excursion, you should ask them because they will know how to fix their script better than we will. But, from your comments, it seems that you are just having issues in mIRC that can easily be fixed the way that we told you.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard