Print Thread
#175856 29/04/07 07:32 PM
V
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
V
hello All
well first thank your for your efforts and info I got in this great message board..

well My problem is alittle weird .. well I connect very well to the server and I join the channel normaly but the probelm comes after 1 to 2 mins after chatting I suddenly find no body talks but Me and I dodn't seee what they type and I find that they are talking normally but I can't see anyone's type anymore ,I see My own type but don't see what others type.. so that what I do is leave the channel and try to join it again but I don't get in and there is no error message and I do still conencted to the server but can't join channels so I disconnect and reconnect o the serve and I again able to join the channel but then chat for 2 or 3 mins and then have the same problem again and again

can anyone pelase help Me

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
When the problem happens, tell us what usermodes this shows you have:

//echo -a My usermodes are $usermode

C
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
C
Sounds like you are pinging out but Mirc isnt seeing or recognising the ping time out. Use the search feature in this forum I am sure there were a few threads on this issue a while back
Also as an afterthought make sure you are not running some lame ignore script on a timer try /remotes off

Good luck

V
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
V
ok ty very much for your replies

ok for Maroon , I get this massge when i type the command you said
My usermodes are +

for Constantine , I didn't have any luck finding the thread you said there are when i searched and I don't have any script in My Mirc
I just have the flat normal clean ver

S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
If you just have + it usually means you are not connected to the server. Try another server if the same thing happens try reinstalling mIRC from scratch.

Solo1 #175890 30/04/07 12:00 AM
V
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
V
hello solo ty for your answer

but I tryied to use that commadn //echo -a My usermodes are $usermode when I don't have aproblem in the first min and I had the same answer as before just +
so that i have the same answer if I ahve problem or not!!!

I also tried to reinstall the mIRC and the same problem still the same

L
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
L
my problem is it keeps saying you need a registered nick to join the channel

lljr #177757 30/05/07 09:42 PM
I
Babel fish
Babel fish
I
then register your nick if thats what's neded to join the channel smile

lljr #177787 31/05/07 09:50 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Some networks have Services such as 'NickServ' which allow you to have ownership of a nickname. In order to register you need to use certain commands with the network's services, the most common format is /nickserv register password email@address but this by no means applies to every network.

Services have nothing to do with mIRC, so for further help with network services you need to contact the network regulars/helpers who are often in a channel like #help, or check the network's website.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
L
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
L
i have already registered and i put my nickname in but it says it is not registered

lljr #177833 31/05/07 10:06 PM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
On some networks (more and more of them lately) you have to receive an e-mail from the network that you're registering on, which will contain a confirmation code. Until you send that confirmation code to nickserv, your nick may not show as registered, but as someting like confirmation-pending.

If you haven't received the confirmation code within 24 hours of sending the registration information, make sure that you check any spam or junk mail folders, as some e-mail servers will direct these messages there.

If you still can't find the confirmation code and your still having this problem, check with the network's help channel, usually #help and let them know.

Link Copied to Clipboard