Print Thread
#177706 29/05/07 08:47 PM
T
Tal0n Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
T
I am using the latest 6.12, I downloaded it today.

If my mIRC stays connected for more than 5min it is amazing. If I want to keep it disconnected to the server I have to make sure I am actively chatting away else I get disconnected.

It doesn't even tell me I'm disconnected until I try type something again. I leave it on and go play a game and come back and its disconnected.

What is the problem>

Last edited by Tal0n; 29/05/07 08:47 PM.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
First off, I'm hoping that this is a typo, since you say you just got the latest version of mIRC 6.12, and, in fact, the latest version is 6.21.

If you did indeed download 6.12, then it is not the latest version.

As to your disconnects, it would help if you could post the disconnect notice that is sent to your status window from the server when you are disconnected.

If it shows a message with the number 10053, then there is a very long topic about that here

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Some networks impose an idle limit and will disconnect you if you idle too long. Some will just hide messages from the channel if you idle too long instead of disconnecting you.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
F
Babel fish
Babel fish
F
Originally Posted By: RusselB

As to your disconnects, it would help if you could post the disconnect notice that is sent to your status window from the server when you are disconnected.

and the network/server this is happening on

known on irc as MrStonedOne
read my full post before replying or dont reply. tl;dr isn't allowed here
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
In my experience, disconnection notices/messages include the network (and/or server) information.

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
A full log from the status window would show that information, but i have never seen a disconnection (other than a kill) show the network/server info in the message. ex...

* [10053] Software caused connection abort

Closing Link: *** (Ping timeout: 181 seconds)
* [10101] Host disconnected

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
My apologies, I've gotten used to seeing this information returned in a special channel for IRCops, where a number of different notices are echoed, such as connection, disconnection, nick changes, vhost changes, confirmation of nick/channel identification, nick/channel registration, etc.

In case anyone's worried about the privacy of their nick/channel passwords, if they are or connect to the network, the passwords are not shown in the channel, just messages like <nick> has identified for <nick> or <nick> has been auto-identified for (as is the case when someone changes from one nick to another and the two nicks are grouped).

Last edited by RusselB; 04/06/07 07:17 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard