Print Thread
#177253 22/05/07 08:53 AM
P
Pancamo Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
P
WHY DO THEY BANNED ME ? i eneterd on undernet on channel #worldchat and the op ^ROMEO^ banned me without a reason as same as the other channels mexico why ? * You were kicked from #mexico by Antoni0 (Abuse Drones R.I.P. Mantengase fuera del alcance de los niños ·45077·) i have 24 years i am not a kid i think those ops are kids that once they are having commands they are banning peoples because is there will ..please do something this is not normal ...to recive ban imediatly you enterd a channel

Pancamo #177256 22/05/07 09:04 AM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
mIRC has no control over the actions of IRC users... if you have complaints about the @'s of a channel, complain to them or other @'s of those channels.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!
Pancamo #177271 22/05/07 03:37 PM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
In regards to a reason, the reason is given
Quote:
Abuse Drones R.I.P. Mantengase fuera del alcance de los niños ·45077·

If you are unable to get a reasonable response from the ops in that channel, then you might want to enquire in the networks help channel, usually #help, although you may be asked to prove that you have tried to clarify the situation with a channel op, so be sure to log any messages/chats that you have, as they may refuse to help you if you don't try to settle this problem with a channel op and have proof.

Doqnach #177467 25/05/07 02:09 PM
P
Pancamo Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
P
how can i complain if they banned me without reason? this is not normal ..i mean if they are ops they can do what they want ? it is no polite to do this type of actions

RusselB #177469 25/05/07 02:11 PM
P
Pancamo Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
P
and what reason is that ? stay out from childrens way? this are stupid reasons common ....i didn;t do nothing this is not normal

Pancamo #177475 25/05/07 02:53 PM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Yes, the channel operators can ban you for any reason they wish, or even for no reason at all. Just as someone can tell you to leave their home without any explanation. They control that channel and if they choose to run it in that way there's nothing anyone here can do about that. Fortunately there are many thousands of channels on hundreds of servers, so if you don't like the way one channel is run there are always plenty more for you to try.

In this case the operators have given a reason though: "Abuse Drones R.I.P. Mantengase fuera del alcance de los niños". Clearly a channel operator thinks you have said or done something which isn't suitable for any children in the channel to be exposed to. Maybe they're wrong, or perhaps you're infected with a malicious script which is sending out messages without you knowing it as the "Abuse Drones" implies.

Whatever the case, nobody here has any control over channels on IRC and no-one here can unban you or give you any further explanation as to why you were banned. If you want to get back into that channel you'll have to talk to the channel operators.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.

Link Copied to Clipboard