mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#177335 23/05/07 04:29 PM
T
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
T
Hey I wrote a IRC Game bot that can be run both on a Channel and on a IRC to IM gateway server.

The problem I have is sending information to all the active players (because the IM gateway server forces me to do every in queries) and just wondering if there is a way I can do that.

It is for general gamers messages like money, health and energy gained updates that everybody gets from time to time.

Thanks smile

GigIRC Network Admin
irc.gigirc.com
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
1) Ensure that you have the names of the players that you want the message sent to in a variable.
2) Ensure that the names are separated by COMMAS and that the variable contains NO SPACES.
3) Use /msg <variable> <message>

NOTE: If you have more names in the variable, than the server allows for MAXTARGETS, then only some of the people (the first names in the variable upto and including the limit supplied by MAXTARGETS) will receive the message.

T
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
T
Thanks, The game uses player files (playername.ini) so I used that as the reference and compared it to those in the channel on the IRC to IM Gateway (all online contacts appear in the channel and all offline doesn't)

Using your concept like that it fixed the problem smile

GigIRC Network Admin
irc.gigirc.com

Link Copied to Clipboard