mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
N
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
N
The SQL feature suggestion got me thinking about script loading. When I run mIRC on my USB FlashDrive it appears that mIRC takes FOREVER to load even a handful of script (when pulling up the editor or saving in the editor).

What I was wondering is, has anyone tried to hijack mIRC's read/writes to its script files (via DLL). I know you can load a DLL when starting mIRC, so having this DLL support available right away wouldn't be a problem. Is this even possible with the Windows API?

This could allow a DLL designer to create compiled, compressed, and/or encrypted script files, by acting as a go-between interface. The main purpose I would want this is so that reading say 12KB of a script would only need to access about 2KB of diskspace (6 times faster!). smile

NaquadaBomb
www.mirc-dll.com
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
I remember trying a prebuilt script (full scripted mirc) several years ago that stored all code in a dll. The only thing in the mirc editior was a lonely $dll() call that i guess passed everything off.

This client used a very large amount of picwindows for dialogs and had a large amount of features and other stuff, yet seemed to run very quick and smoothly unlike many other full scripts that have similar nature/amount of features.

Not exactly what your looking for, just though i would mention it.

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby
N
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
N
Originally Posted By: Om3n
Not exactly what your looking for, just though i would mention it.

I'm looking for some Win32 API method for "hooking" mIRC's read/writes to its script files. That way I could alter the file format used for scripts.

NaquadaBomb
www.mirc-dll.com

Link Copied to Clipboard