mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
S
Ok so I do this alot I post here for a while. Leave for a bit, come back and have forgotten my password to login to these forums. Since anyone can have the ability to make someone elses password get reset I think I shall never get mine back. I use to use an email address which server now is down for good. So I can't retrieve a reset password and login to my original account. I asked the person that owns the domain still to temporarily create a forward for the email to go through to another of mine so I could then get my password. Enter the forums and change the email in my profile. But, the domain owner says the email being sent from these forums is being rejected.

He says it shows him:

May 15 20:26:46 chorn postfix/smtpd[20886]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from forums.mirc.com[130.89.175.22]: 450 4.7.1 <trout>: Helo command rejected:
Host not found; from=<messageboard@mirc.com> to=<scorpwanna@chorn.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<trout>

I don't know what any of this means, but how do I get access to my original login name if I can't recieve the password to get back in?

B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
ask krejt to manually reset your password, you'd need to give him some info such as the old username, old email address and new email address. Then you can log in and change it to somethign more memorable.

btk

billythekid
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Heh. That's why I have a 2 next to my nick. I haven't used Riamus on this forum is 2004. smile

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
If all you want is your email address changed on your account, any moderator can do that. Feel free to PM/email me if you haven't already done so with Krejt.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Works, thanks again for your help smile.

We don't just write the scripts, we put them to the test! (ScriptBusters)

Link Copied to Clipboard