mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 13 of 23 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 22 23
A
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
A
just called me stupid, but how to do that i have to no so i won't have this problem ever again

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
There is no 100% guaranteed solution to this problem, and I can't even give you any suggestions as I had no problems, aside from the lag, connecting.

A
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
A
well can u direct to someone or a faq that will tell me how to connect. Or if there is a troubleshooting on this because no matter what i do i cannot connect. Even if i try every server it won't help. i know i am being an idiot, it just i can always connect even when i didn't know mirc or how to get mangas two years ago

A
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
A
hello, are the irc servers down? I can't connect at the moment:

(09:46:56) * Connecting to 85.236.110.226 (6667)
(09:46:56) Local host: p57A2D779.dip.t-dialin.net (87.162.215.121)
(09:47:17) * Unable to connect to server (Connection timed out)
(quakenet: random de server)

yesterday it was ok, but today I can't connect, firewall isn't up.

does somebody have an idea?

Atum #175503 23/04/07 04:37 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
That IP seems to be down. Just use the DNS...

/server irc.quakenet.org

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
S
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
S
I have a new problem, and since this thread exists, I think it goes here. Basically, as of about 2 or 3 weeks ago, I'm unable to connect to any IRC server. I'm not sure why, I can't even connect via jIRC applets, so I don't think it's a problem with my irc.

Windows firewall isn't on as far as I know, and I haven't changed any settings anywhere in XP. I'm on a shared wireless connection, but I'm not sure if that has any bearing, seeing as this problem started fairly recently. I used to leave mIRC on all night without even getting peered out, software causing connection aborts (and this is with AIM on all night, mind you) or any other problems.

When I try to connect, it either gives me 'connection timed out' or 'network unreachable,' which is strange considering I've even tried GameSurge, DALnet, Undernet, and just about anything to see if maybe the 3 servers I connect to are down, which I don't think is the case.

The only thing I can think of is going down to the office of my domicile and requesting a new WEP key to see if maybe that has something to do with it, but since I'm still connected to the internet, I have my doubts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Parts from Japan.
Assembled in Mexico.
Made in America.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
You might also want to check to see if the people that are running the wireless router have configured it to block IRC ports. While this isn't common for a household, since you have an office to go to for a WEP key, it's possible that they've done that, possibly not realizing that, in doing so, they're blocking part of your access. They may have done so in order to restrict/eliminate the possibility of someone downloading a virus into the host system, and/or preventing a possible hack via the IRC ports.

S
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
S
Thanks, at least you've given me a direction to point myself towards. I'm not exactly sure who runs the network here, since it's more or less an apartment complex, but I'll try that out first.

Parts from Japan.
Assembled in Mexico.
Made in America.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Yes, it is almost guaranteed to be related to your wireless connection (the router settings).

Invision Support
R
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
R
Ok, I used mIRC for a good year without any problems. Then back in February I started getting a (Network is Unreachable) error. I have checked my firewall settings and it is letting mIRC go through. Which I don't know why that would be the error anyways, becuase I never changed any settings before it stopped working. I have tried sever different servers and none seem to work... I am using Dial-Up but it hasn't ever given me errors like this that happen randomly. If anybody could point me in a direction to fix this problem I would appreciate it.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Usually that message means that the network has been closed down for some reason. What network were you connecting to? Is the network listed on Search IRC

R
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
R
I've been using SwiftIRC network, and yes it's on the list

F
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
F
Hello
i have the same problem but my problem much complicated ..
let me explain i work in company and i cannot do any thing becuse download closed , i cannot control the control pannel because need permission from IT DEP that mean am in cage :P
what i can do using internet any some normal progarmmes which i need with my work .
so my probem when i want to connect in any netwrok it comes to me : * Unable to connect to server (Connection timed out)
beside that am not that good in irc stuff and other programmes ..
some one told me thats because ISP BLocked i dont know if he is right as i said im not that professional at those stuff.
i dont know if you can help not but we have to try ..
i want infrom u i tried to connect by an PSYBNC because i know the PSYBNC changed the ISP i dont if that true or not
but when i connect by the PSYBNC same case * Unable to connect to server (Connection timed out).

my Best Regards.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
First thing to do is check with the IT Department and find out if they block IRC ports. If they do, all you can do is ask that they open them, since, if they won't, there's nothing we can help you with, as giving advice on bypassing security is not permitted on these forums.

F
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
F
thx any way

J
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
J
I'm having a problem receiving files. Seems like everything is fine until connection to receive and the message says Accepting send Connection failed. I have turned off all Windows and Norton firewalls. I also can receive lists no problem. This problem seems to be spuratic. Every so often i do receive files requested (even from the same person that the connection just failed). I have never had this problem in the past.
Please Can Anyone Help!!

Last edited by jokate; 28/05/07 04:49 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This is the wrong thread of DCC questions... it's for questions regarding connecting to networks. However, in answer to your question, if you are having issues RECEIVING files and it is, as you say, sporadic even from the same person, then it is almost guaranteed to be a problem on that person's side. Or, you are experiencing this only when RESUMING a download. If that's the case, it's a NAT issue in your router (search the forums for NAT or Resume and you should see more information).

Invision Support
A
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
A
Blocked by ZoneAlarm Security

I cannot get it guys. i m usin zonealarm for 7 years i think. From program control i have given full access and trust to mirc but i cannot get connected. i uninstaled mirc and re-install it but nothin new. I have adsl connection without a router. Just a modem. Microsoft's firewall is off. What do u suggest me guys..

thanks in advance. :|

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
This is a ZoneAlarm Security problem, as you specified in bold, so installing and reinstalling mIRC is going to make little or no difference. You should contact the makers of ZoneAlarm.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I don't use ZoneAlarm, but I believe that there's a setting somewhere to block IRC. You may have mIRC "allowed", but not IRC. Look around for that.

Invision Support
Page 13 of 23 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard