mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Zyxak Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
As part of a game channel I'm in I log a query window and a DCC window, both with the same name. The contents of both windows always end up in the same log files. Is this normal? Is there any to get mIRC to use separate log files for the query and DCC windows?

On a related matter, if I save the position of a query window this seems to save the position of the DCC window of the same name to the same position. If I move both windows then reset position on both windows mIRC will move the windows back to the most recently saved position (either query or DCC). Is this normal? Is there and way save window positions separately or does mIRC not see any difference between query and DCC windows?

=Z=
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
It appears that mIRC does differentiate between DCC and query windows of the same name and on the same network.
The only thing that I found that would make a difference (without waiting for an update), is to use the /queryrn command for the query window. This will allow you to change the name of the query window, but it still goes to the correct person. For example, if I had both DCC Chat and query windows to Zyxak, I could use /queryrn Zyxak Zyxak_PM
This would make the Query window called Zyxak_PM, and the log would be named the same.

Regrading the windows positioning..sorry, no help there.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Quote:
This will allow you to change the name of the query window, but it still goes to the correct person.

If you rename the query it changes the target, but this
would work if you were to rename the DCC window instead
by using /dcc nick -c <Zyxak> <Zyxak_DCC>

Zyxak Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
Originally Posted By: RoCk
Quote:
This will allow you to change the name of the query window, but it still goes to the correct person.

If you rename the query it changes the target, but this
would work if you were to rename the DCC window instead
by using /dcc nick -c <Zyxak> <Zyxak_DCC>

Pardon my ignorance, but how do I use this command? It does nothing if I enter it from an edit box. Do I include this in some ON CHAT remote?

Edit: I must have done something wrong the first few times... like forgetting to remove the carets haha. Anyway how can I incorporate this command to open a window called nick_DCC when I DCC Chat nick?

Also, the logs are still being created with the original nick name instead of nick_DCC.

Last edited by Zyxak; 20/04/07 07:51 AM.

=Z=
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
you need to use this command to initiate the dcc from your end. does nothing afterwards.

read the helpfile for more information on the command.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
You could do it manually or automatically with a script...

Code:
on *:OPEN:=: {
  if ($nick == Zyxak) {
    dcc nick -c Zyxak Zyxak_DCC
    .log on Zyxak_DCC
  }
}

~ Edit ~
Sorry, I missed what you mentioned about logging.

Last edited by RoCk; 20/04/07 12:40 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard