mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#174269 04/04/07 06:42 PM
S
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
I've ran into a little snag when trying to mimic a dialog's size using $dialog().cw/ch and /dialog -s. It appears that $dialog().ch doesn't include the height of the menubar if one is present, making it impossible to recreate a dialog's size using commands.

I'm posting this as a bug although I'm not sure if it's really a missing feature. Should $dialog().ch include the menubar's height? If not, there needs to be an additional switch or parameter to -s for /dialog to have mIRC account for the menubar on top of the height given.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
.h includes the titlebar.

.ch is the height of the client area (ie. what you can draw or place controls on) of the dialog.

Edit: I just noticed you said menubar. As far as I know there's no way of doing what you're looking for, but I still don't think .ch should return the menubar height as it's not in the client area.

Last edited by hixxy; 04/04/07 08:20 PM.
S
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
Indeed. Thinking about it $dialog().ch definitely shouldn't include the menubar height. It seems to me the bug is that /dialog -s includes the menubar as part of the height parameter, whereas it wouldn't be if specified directly from the size value of a dialog table.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.

Link Copied to Clipboard