mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#173271 22/03/07 08:36 PM
B
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
B
vista ahh vista well im going to use it. i think if i had to describe it i'll use a bad joke... user friendly. pause.NOT.

irc//server/channel clipboard ctrl c ctrl v stuff dosent work

security override anyone

so i have to do it manually.. little slower

if the server is not in the current .ini list it makes manual connections a pain.

is this issue going to be looked into or am i going to be using the dual boot option frequently?

is there really simple code i could try ?

basement #173278 22/03/07 09:18 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Currently, clicking irc:// links in Vista will not work. However, Khaled's stated that it will work in the next release of mIRC.

As for copying/pasting them, that should work just fine provided you're copying the right link. You can't copy/paste something like:

[url=irc://irc.undernet.org/#help][url=irc://irc.undernet.org/#help][url=irc://irc.undernet.org/#help]irc://irc.undernet.org/#help[/url][/url][/url]
(or however the links to the specific channels are formatted)

You'd have to just copy the server info and format it properly...

/server irc.undernet.org
Then, /join #help. Or, you can use the -j (join) switch with the /server command.

In either case, you can't do it as easily as you'd like until the next release of mIRC.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
basement #173302 23/03/07 09:33 AM
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
I believe the issue with the current mirc version and irc:// links in vista is due to vista's removal of the regular DDE protocol support. I would assume that other such links would also fail until some alterations (similar to what mirc will have to do) are made to the respective programs that utilise them.

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby
Om3n #173308 23/03/07 11:49 AM
B
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
B
irc:// doesnt work because mirc does not register itself correctly to open them, DDE or not it was not going to work.

Riamus2 #173316 23/03/07 03:05 PM
B
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
B
sounds decent enough... just do one link at a time but the option of choosing part of the link by hi-lighting it is out of the question..
i still have to type dammit laugh

tks for the speedy rply.. and, did i see invision, ahh ya that would be nice, i believe i installed the 2.0 3515 build but when it added itself to c:/program files/mirc yada yada..

there is now this folder of some sort called compatability files, I downloaded one particular goodie more than once before i hit the stupid box to see it.

just another learning curve.

basement #173332 23/03/07 09:41 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Originally Posted By: basement
and, did i see invision, ahh ya that would be nice, i believe i installed the 2.0 3515 build but when it added itself to c:/program files/mirc yada yada..

there is now this folder of some sort called compatability files, I downloaded one particular goodie more than once before i hit the stupid box to see it.

Yes, I'm one of the people keeping Invision updated and helping people with it. If you use it, you should get the latest patch file instead of runnning plain 3515. The latest is 3515C as of March 15th. You'll want to also check out the bugs forum sticky for any bugs that are found/fixed, though we're going to start putting out fixes monthly if needed for people who don't want to manually fix things. One thing you should really do if you use Invision is to *not* install it to Program Files. It isn't fully compatible with directories that have spaces.

As for your compatibility folder, I assume that's something to do with Vista because I've never seen it.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard