Print Thread
#173215 22/03/07 09:32 AM
C
Criss86 Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
C
I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask this in but, is there a way in mirc that I can send a message or a notice to all nicks on the server or atleast all in the channel that i'm in without altually posting in the channel itself? If not, is there a script that can enable me to do this? Thanks alot i advance.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
You could send a chan notice...

/notice #chan hello!

or send a individual private notices by doing the following in a channel edit box...

Code:
//var %i = 1 | while ($nick(#,%i)) { if ($v1 == $me) goto skip | .timer 1 %i notice $v1 hello! | :skip | inc %i }

Replace the NOTICE comand with MSG for private messages.

You could turn the above into an alias so they're always available to you...

Code:
alias massnotice {
  if (($1 !ischan) || ($2 == $null)) return
  var %i = 1
  while ($nick($1,%i)) {
    if ($v1 == $me) goto skip
    .timer 1 %i notice $v1 $2-
    :skip
    inc %i
  }
}
alias massmsg {
  var %i = 1
  while ($nick($1,%i)) {
    .timer 1 %i msg $v1 $2-
    inc %i
  }
}

Paste both of those aliases in your script editor (Alt+R)

/massnotice #chan hello!

/massmsg #chan hello!

~ Edit ~
Please keep in mind that most channels don't take kindly to this sort of thing.

Last edited by RoCk; 22/03/07 12:06 PM.
C
Criss86 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted By: RoCk
You could send a chan notice...

/notice #chan hello!

or send a individual private notices by doing the following in a channel edit box...

Code:
//var %i = 1 | while ($nick(#,%i)) { if ($v1 == $me) goto skip | .timer 1 %i notice $v1 hello! | :skip | inc %i }

Replace the NOTICE comand with MSG for private messages.

You could turn the above into an alias so they're always available to you...

Code:
alias massnotice {
  var %i = 1
  while ($nick($1,%i)) {
    .timer 1 %i notice $v1 $2-
    inc %i
  }
}
alias massmsg {
  var %i = 1
  while ($nick($1,%i)) {
    .timer 1 %i msg $v1 $2-
    inc %i
  }
}

Paste both of those aliases in your script editor (Alt+R)

/massnotice #chan hello!

/massmsg #chan hello!

~ Edit ~
Please keep in mind that most channels don't take kindly to this sort of thing.

Thats not exactly wat i'm looking for. I want to send out a notice to everyone in a channel saying for example "There's a tourney about to start at "#channel." There are some channels that don't allow you to advertise in there channels, instead I want to know if there's a way to pm everybody(I don't want to pm them one by one) that there's a tourney bout to start, rather than posting in the channel itself. I don't wanna get kick or ban thats why if i send out a notice to them or pm everybody in the channel all at once with the message, I won't get ban couse I'm not posting in the channel itsef. You understand what I'm saying? Thanks to anyone who can find a way to do this. If I need a scipt then tell me what scipt can do this. Thanks alot in advance.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
there is no such method unless you are in all those channels and use the above command to PM everyone in those channels.

even then you run the risk of getting banned because not everyone likes advertisement equally...

you are able to do this as an IRC-Operator though on most servers by using the /msg $*.network command. but this isn't available for normal users.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You can /notice a #channel or /msg a #channel instead of a nick to send a message/notice to everyone in the channel (it's not sent to the channel itself). However, if a channel does not allow advertising, then you will still be violating their rules and will get banned as soon as someone tells an op what you did.

The best thing you can do, and what will annoy the fewest people and is the less likely to get you banned (perhaps from the network as well as the channel), would be to ask the ops in any channels you want to advertise in if it's okay. Explain what it is you want to tell people and how often you'd do so. If they say no, then go somewhere else. If they say yes, then go ahead and do so. You'll have the most luck by asking in channels that are related to whatever you're advertising (if it's a game tourney, then a gaming channel is more appropriate than a book channel).

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard