Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
K
i load mirc and then connect to server
i am spamed by http://b casalemedic.com netflex
why is this happening
my husband has the same mirc and it doesnt happen to him
before i can go on i have to close 2 spams the other spam talks about mirc and there scripts
How can i get rid of it
it is driving me nuts
thank u
kinkychick

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
If this is being caused by a script on your system, you can quickly get rid of it by typing /remote off
I recommend that you do that before connecting to any networks.
Then connect to the network. If the problem doesn't show up, then it's probably a script, in which case you'll have to go through the scripts that you have loaded, one by one, until you locate the script (or possibly scripts) that is/are causing the problem.

If the problem does still continue, even with your remotes turned off, then it sounds to me like someone is monitoring for when you connect to the network, either via a server notice (which is normally only available to IRCops), or using the Notify list.

You might be able to get around that by logging in to the network using a different nick.

Worst case scenario, relay the network information and we can try ourselves and see what happens.

Sat Offline
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Is the option "Invisible mode" checked in the Connect options page (alt+o -> Connect)? If not, check it, that may fix your problem. You won't really be "invisible", your nickname will just be unfindable by people who don't share a channel with you (e.g. those spammers).

Saturn, QuakeNet staff
K
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
K
i use mirc 6.17 nexgen one of the pop ups it says acidmax browser
team-nexgen.com-on line poker, team nexgen, sports,php scripts,acidmax, mirc, adult dating, pc games computers, bussiness, lawyer
then under that it says online poker try these sponsored results
then there is differant sites that u can go to
it looks like it to me that acidmax is the culprit
at least that is what i am thinking

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Ok the poker and http://b casalemedic.com netflex have nothing to do wtih mIRC. This is adware on your computer.

The "mIRC spam" is because it is a trial version. After which it costs only $20 for a lifetime use.

Edit: mirc6.17 is not called NexGen, nor is affiliated with them in any way, as far as I know at least. :P

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Uninstall that script and you should be ok. Press Alt-R twice and then look in the View menu. See what scripts are loaded and remove anything you don't know/want. To do so, click the item in the View menu, then go to the File menu and choose Unload. Repeat until everything you don't want is gone. Then, close and open mIRC and see what happens.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard