Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
l0GicAL Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
L
on the server that i'm on, whenever one of the IRCops are dj'ing, EVERYONE gets a server notice in all the channels that they're on! the format is always like:

-irc.server.net:#channel- Now Playing -> Title - Artist

now, i've been trying to NOT see this server notice and here's what i've come up with:

Code:
on ^*:SNOTICE:*Playing*:*:{ halt }

...however, it doesn't work! frown i still see all those (spam) "Now Playing" server notices. i saved the above script as spam.mrc and loaded it using /load -rs c:\mirc\spam.mrc

any help to get it working?

thanks!

Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
You're not using the proper syntax (you have four fields in the event header instead of 3), type /help on snotice to see the syntax and an example.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
L
l0GicAL Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
L
what do you mean "improper syntax?" could you revise my script, please? i'm not good with scripting... frown

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
He means the SNOTICE event only has three fields and you have four...

Yours
on ^*:SNOTICE:*Playing*:*: { halt }
one too many.

Try this one..
on ^*:SNOTICE:*Playing*: { halt }

Also, as he said type /help on snotice

~ Edit ~
If you're only trying to stop the server notice from displaying
in your status window, just use haltdef instead of halt.

Last edited by RoCk; 20/03/07 02:11 PM.
L
l0GicAL Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
L
thanks for your reply. unfortunately, it doesn't work. frown i copied and pasted your script, loaded it using /load -rs c:\mirc\spam.mrc but i still see the server notices in ALL of the channels that i'm on:

-ferret.station51.net:#channel- Now Playing -> Artist - Title

i have already unchecked the notice box in my mIRC options so i don't know why i'm still seeing the server notices.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Are you sure that it's an snotice? Many of those are CTCP events or else actions. From your example, I don't think it's an action, but perhaps it's a CTCP?

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
L
l0GicAL Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
L
Originally Posted By: Riamus2
Are you sure that it's an snotice? Many of those are CTCP events or else actions. From your example, I don't think it's an action, but perhaps it's a CTCP?

i really have no clue. i went to the help channel and asked how i could disable all those notices (since i have already UNCHECKED all the notices, invites, CTCP, etc. in my mIRC options to NOT show in the active window and it didn't work either) and someone gave me the above code (which doesn't work also).

how would i go about to changing it to ctcp? just simply replace snotice with ctcp (btw, i've also tried just notice and NOT snotice and it doesn't work)?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
For CTCP, you could use:

Code:
ctcp *:*Now*Playing*:*:{
  haltdef
}

You can also try NOTICE instead of SNOTICE (more likely since SNOTICE is a server notice and isn't usually from users). For that, you have:

Code:
on ^*:NOTICE:*Now*Playing*:*:{
  haltdef
}

For SNOTICE, you'd just stick an "S" in front of NOTICE.

Invision Support
L
l0GicAL Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
L
Originally Posted By: Riamus2
For CTCP, you could use:

Code:
ctcp *:*Now*Playing*:*:{
  haltdef
}

You can also try NOTICE instead of SNOTICE (more likely since SNOTICE is a server notice and isn't usually from users). For that, you have:

Code:
on ^*:NOTICE:*Now*Playing*:*:{
  haltdef
}

For SNOTICE, you'd just stick an "S" in front of NOTICE.

ok, i have tried the two codes above including SNOTICE and none of them works! what is going on?!?!

i have tried them one by one... each time loading it using /load -rs c:\mirc\spam.mrc and i can still see ALLLLLLLLL the notices/CTCPs (i honestly don't know what are they)!

i have also UNCHECKED all the invites, queries, notices, CTCPs, etc. in my mIRC options but i still CANNOT stop these messages from showing up:

i'm using halt instead of haltdef because the messages are showing up on every channel on that network that i'm on and NOT on the status window.

what's going on, guys? frown

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Originally Posted By: l0GicAL
i'm using halt instead of haltdef because the messages are showing up on every channel on that network that i'm on and NOT on the status window.

what's going on, guys? frown

You still need haltdef.

Invision Support
T
Babel fish
Babel fish
T
Well, there is something other than a script you can try.

While reading this post the words Wallops and Snomask modes came to mind, so try disabling those and see if it helps:

/mode l0GicAL -ws

Any server's IRCops that forces their users to endure dj notices should be shot in my opinion.

Hope that helps

GigIRC Network Admin
irc.gigirc.com
L
l0GicAL Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
L
lol, i've tried all sorts of different combinations - using CTCP, NOTICE, SNOTICE, halt, haltdef, etc. but i still CANNOT keep the messages from showing up!

maybe it's because i'm using NoNameScript...

Originally Posted By: Trixar_za
Well, there is something other than a script you can try.

While reading this post the words Wallops and Snomask modes came to mind, so try disabling those and see if it helps:

/mode l0GicAL -ws

Any server's IRCops that forces their users to endure dj notices should be shot in my opinion.

Hope that helps

thanks, i'm gonna try this next as i have almost given up on my initial script...

Last edited by l0GicAL; 20/03/07 04:38 PM.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
It looks to me like a normal chan notice sent by the server. Try this..

Code:
on ^*:NOTICE:*now*playing*:#: {
  if ($nick !ison #) haltdef
}

L
l0GicAL Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
L
doesn't work either. frown i've tried all sorts of different combinations - from using NOTICE to SNOTICE, using halt and haltdef, adding the channels that i'm on, replacing $nick with my IRC nickname and the messages are still there! frown

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
OK, I've gone through this topic and read all of the posts, and all of the suggestions have been tried, so I'm going to ask for the network information so that I can connect to the network and see these messages myself, before making any other suggestions.

O
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
O
Originally Posted By: l0GicAL

You didnt read carefully enough in that case grin

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
RusselB pleads to only being human, and therefore liable to make mistakes.
As of this edit, I've been connected to the network for over 10 minutes and haven't seen a single message in the format specified.
Normally 10 minutes is enough time for 3 to 4 songs to play.
I will maintain my connection on that network for another 5 hours (that'll make it midnight my time) and see what, if anything happens.

Last edited by RusselB; 20/03/07 10:59 PM.
S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
are remotes on?

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
My remotes are on, but I'm not seeing any messages similar to that in the original post. Additionally, I enquired in the #help channel to see if they could clarify the situation, and they basically said "wtf are you talking about?"

S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
Heh i was talking to he original poster logical as there seemed nothing wrong with the code suggested. As for the opers it could be they only DJ every now and again as the original post mentions it only happens when they dj. As it is i would also find it annoying if a recieved a notice every time an oper took it into his head to dj. But i wonder if it really is a server notice it maybe a wallpos are a ctcp as suggested.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard