mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Om3n Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
An improved handling of channel keys in a /server command using the -jn flags would be nice. Currently if you do either of the following, both channels will not be correctly joined.

/server -m 0.0.0.0 +9031 -i nick alt -jn #chanX key,#chanN
This will join #chanX correctly, but wont join #chanN
/server -m 0.0.0.0 +9031 -i nick alt -jn #chanN,#chanX key
This will join #chanN correctly, but wont join #chanX (it will attempt to join but give a 'need correct key' error)

Not sure on an appropriate (or efficient/consistant) way to handle this due to the use of spaces and commas in mirc syntax, but any solution (within the server command that is) would be great.

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby
B
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
B
yeah. I would like to see that one.

Kind Regards, blink
N
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
N
/server -m 0.0.0.0 +9031 -i nick alt -jn #chan1,#chan2,#chan3,$chan4 *,key2,*,key4

Works for me using "*" for channels that don't have a key.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Thanks for pointing this out. While I don't use many channels that require keys, it's not something I have a problem with.

Although, looking at the request, it would make a lot more sense to me to have the channel & key combination together

eg: chan1 key1,chan2 key2,chan3 key3,...

Even if you still had to use an * for the channels that don't have keys, it would be easier (in my opinion) to be able to change it if a channel started (or stopped) using a key.

Link Copied to Clipboard