mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
T
Techowl Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
Hi all, I have a strange thing happening. The time stamps are an hour behind since the time change happened. This anomaly is happening on my XP machine and a 98se one I run as an IRC fserve. I checked for a time zone setting etc in mIRC, but have not found one.

Is there a solution for this?

Thanks

- Tim -

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Have you confirmed that your computer made the proper time adjustment for the change to Daylight Savings Time?

To my knowledge, mIRC uses the time zone setting that is part of your Windows OS.

I checked the timestamp on my version of mIRC, which is 6.21, and it agrees with the correct time.

Off topic, but if you're running 6.12 (although I don't recall seeing that version), you should consider upgrading to 6.21 (the latest version)

T
Techowl Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
Yes the computer times and time zones are correct. I had to use Microsoft's Time Zone Editor to fix the time change dates for the 98 system. Other programs do not not experience this problem, just mIRC. Just to clarify what I am caling the time stamp is the time that is displayed in the main message window as the irc chatter is displayed. Also if I put the time in the title bar the time displayed there is also an hour slow.

- Tim -

Last edited by Techowl; 12/03/07 11:47 AM.
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
If you really are using v6.12 and not v6.21 then that is the source of your problem. There is a known DST bug in 6.12 that is fixed from v6.14 onwards.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
T
Techowl Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
Thanks, I will see about getting the new version and get back to the forum with the results.

- Tim -

T
Techowl Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
Yup that fixed the problem! Time will tell if the scripts run 100%, but they seem ok so far.

Thanks!

- Tim -

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
The most common problem with scripts that have worked in earlier versions, but not 6.21, is due to a 3rd party DLL no longer being up-to-date. If your scripts don't use 3rd party DLL's or if the DLL's are up-to-date, then there should be no further problems.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Originally Posted By: RusselB
The most common problem with scripts that have worked in earlier versions, but not 6.21, is due to a 3rd party DLL no longer being up-to-date. If your scripts don't use 3rd party DLL's or if the DLL's are up-to-date, then there should be no further problems.

That and just having missing parentheses. Prior to 6.20, many missing parentheses were ignored and scripts worked fine... 6.20 and then moreso with 6.21, these aren't ignored anymore and will display errors.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
C
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
C
My mirc clock is also wrong when I type /time it says..Saturday March 31 2007 -- 12:22:23 -07:00 which is 3 hours slow. My pc is already corrected for Daylight Saving Time. Where do I change that -7 to -4? Thanks (version 6.21)

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Originally Posted By: carob
My mirc clock is also wrong when I type /time it says..Saturday March 31 2007 -- 12:22:23 -07:00 which is 3 hours slow. My pc is already corrected for Daylight Saving Time. Where do I change that -7 to -4? Thanks (version 6.21)

Posting on someone else's thread when it's not the same thing isn't a good idea. As for your problem, it's obviously a script issue. Post your script (new thread in the scripting forum, please) and someone can help you with it.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard