mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
B
Booncy Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
B
I am in need of some serious help. Okay! Yesterday I just registered my nick, and recieved the code in my email to register it. Then shortly afterwards once I got into a chatroom on a server I tried to access a fserver/trigger for registered users only, and it didn't work for me. Someone in the chatroom told me that I had to do some sort of command in order to prove my identity as a registered nick that required a password (which I originally thought was my registeration key).

What is this command, how can I acquire a password for this, and is there any way that I can set my SysReset to autodetect/identify my newly-registered nick, so that I won't HAVE to type in this command everytime I'm on mIrc?

T
Babel fish
Babel fish
T
Well depends on which services the network uses, but the command is usually to do with NickServ and is similar to this:

/msg NickServ Identify YourPasswordHere

As for how to make it automatic, you can use mIRC's perform function, which you can find under mIRC Options (press Alt+O ;))
It's under the Connections ---> Options. Just click the button marked Perform....

Now click the Add button, scroll down(or up) until you find the server, select it, press OK and in the Preform commands box type the above command (/msg NickServ Identify YourPassword). Click on the tick box named Enable perform on connect to mark it with a tick.

Hope that helps smile

GigIRC Network Admin
irc.gigirc.com
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
And if you don't have NickServ, you can ask in the #help channel. Many #help channels even have that sort of information in their topics.

Btw, there are much better ways to download things than mIRC. mIRC's best off as a chat client, not a downloader. It isn't a P2P program.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
S
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
S
Thanks you Trixar_za, you saved me from typing /nickserv identify password everytime I startup irc smile

B
Booncy Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks for the response Trixar_za. I really appreciate it. I just have one more question. As strange as this sounds how can we make a password for our mIrc/SysReset programs. I don't seem to have one for mine. I only have my registration code that I used to register my nick (unless that itself IS the password?).

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I think you're talking about "Locking" mIRC so others can't use it. If so, that's in the options (Alt-O > Other > Lock). You can use anything for the password... just remember what it is so you can unlock it.

Invision Support
B
Booncy Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks Riamus. I followed your steps to acquire a password for my SysReset program, but unfortunately however I'm still having trouble with this thing. I keep getting this message: -NickServ- Your nick isn't registered. Even though I just registered yesteray afternoon. Does it take some time for newly-registered users to get their nicks identified or something?

B
Booncy Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Nevermind guys. I just figured out the solution to my problem from another thread. Thanks fir all the suggestions though. They all helped (especially the autoidentify one :)).

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Glad you got it figured out. I didn't realize you were talking about the Nickserv password. laugh

Invision Support
T
Babel fish
Babel fish
T
Well Done Booncy laugh . Glad I could help smile

GigIRC Network Admin
irc.gigirc.com

Link Copied to Clipboard