mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
F
fluor2 Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
F
I just updated from 6.2 to 6.21. I use a Messages window, and I log all queries and I have Reload logs: Both.

Now when I got a query from my friend: 12:00 <jd> Hey!! . I saw him fine in the Messages window. Then I right-clicked him and selected Query. The old logs was successfully loaded but I suddenly discovered that the message <jd> Hey!! was NOT in the reloaded logs!

I see now that the log is located in jd.Network.1.log (where I've never seen this 1.log before.)

What do I do? I cannot have this problem!

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
I'm sure I read somewhere that the .1.log files were supposed to be merged with the main log files when mIRC is closed, however I have the same problem. The logs just stay separate.

I'm probably mistaken though, so I'll let someone more 'in the know' explain.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Yes, they are meant to be merged, but from what I've heard, people still have problems. It all seems to work fine for me and I'm always connected, but I've never really tried to find problems with it. I am *really* hoping that this log option will be optional in the next version because I think it causes many more problems for many more people than the few problems that a minority of people experienced with the old system. In the meantime, if you can't get it to work properly, just change back to 6.20 for now.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
F
fluor2 Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
F
Originally Posted By: Riamus2
It all seems to work fine for me and I'm always connected, but I've never really tried to find problems with it.

Hey I'm always connected too (I use no BNC etc) but I still have this problem.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Can you provide a step by step method that reproduces this issue for you? There has been a long discussion about this change however I have never been able to reproduce any issues with it. If you can provide a reproducable method that would really help.

H
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
H
I have a small issue with logs.

I have configured mIRC to .. keep every network's log in its own folder.

Sometimes it creates the status.log for some network in the main log folder, rather than the log\network-name folder.

Sometimes, it creates the channel-date log files in the main log folder, rather than the log\network folder.

Sometimes, it will skip the log folder and put logs in the main mIRC folder. This happens rarely, but the above 2 small issues are consistent.

Its strange, that it has access errors to log files it creates or is using on ntfs partitions.

Last edited by hariskhan; 17/02/07 11:06 AM.
F
fluor2 Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
F
Originally Posted By: Khaled
Can you provide a step by step method that reproduces this issue for you?

Well.
1. Be sure to have old logs from previous versions of mirc with the settings i mentioned at first post.
2. Use a message window
3. When people send you messages and you query them it will not load/include the latest messages, as the logs are loaded from the original nickname.Network.log and not nickname.Network.1.log that seem now to contain the latest messages.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
hariskhan, I've heard of this issue before and it seems to be related to having an old mIRC.ini file (I think that was the file). Try a clean install of mIRC and see if you have the same problems. * Do not copy any mIRC files over into your current folder, but do a clean install instead. *

Invision Support
F
fluor2 Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
F
I used a new mirc.ini and the problems are gone ( I think).

K
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
K
Well, I've got also problems with logging.
mIRC creates logs ->
#chan.log
#chan.1.log
#chan.2.log
#chan.N.log
...but in the correctly directory.

Screen: http://xusal.xu.ohost.de/gfx/mirc_logging.jpg

It is just annoying... smirk

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Reading versions.txt , you'll find that this was changed in the latest version. Most of us are hoping that it will be changed back or at least made optional in the next version because it is more annoying than helpful.

Invision Support
D
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
D
Totally agreed.
I usually never close mIRC unless my computer crashes. Since that last update, I lose logs every time since they are not merged.
So it would be nice if mIRC could re merge in previous session on log-load, or simply have an option to disable it altogether.

Link Copied to Clipboard