mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
L
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
L
It would be nice if mIRC had an option to "remember" tabcomplete choices for each channel.

If I'm in #foo, and there are users foobar and foobash, and I am typically addressing foobash, mIRC should remember that, and have foobash be the first tabcomplete choice given, rather than the current always-alphabetical system.

This could be a checkbox in options somewhere (alphabetical or 'smart' tabcomplete).

K
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
K
I personally don't know how to make auto-completers, but, i'm pretty sure that you can probably be able to make it, there are nick-completers with options in there, here are some links with scripts that you can download, u can use their search:

mIRC.net
mIRCScripts
Hawkee

-Kurdish_Assass1n
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I believe all nick completer scripts use mIRC's tab completer, so they'd need to somehow manipulate that for it to do what's asked. I think this could be a useful feature, though I'd get confused if I first did "De TAB TAB" to get to the right person, then the next time did "De TAB"... I'd be likely to hit TAB again and then have to scroll through everyone else that matches just to get it right. Of course, I generally type enough letters to get the right person on the first TAB anyhow.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
L
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
L
Originally Posted By: Riamus2
I believe all nick completer scripts use mIRC's tab completer, so they'd need to somehow manipulate that for it to do what's asked. I think this could be a useful feature, though I'd get confused if I first did "De TAB TAB" to get to the right person, then the next time did "De TAB"... I'd be likely to hit TAB again and then have to scroll through everyone else that matches just to get it right. Of course, I generally type enough letters to get the right person on the first TAB anyhow.

Yeah, I'm sure some would prefer the functionality like it is, which is why I would suggest that there be the option to keep it as-is, or to use "smart" complete.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Yeah this would be nice, start with the nick last
used in auto-complete then cycle through normally?
Or maybe even have an option for how many nicks
and to toggle enable/disable.

Link Copied to Clipboard